Hepatitis B Community
hepa B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepa B

Should I get tested even though I have no symptoms? What are the conditions or chances I am asymptomatic to HepaB?
can I get cured if I have hepa B?
how long should get tested when the possible exposure happened last november 2009? a very short oral sex.
I really doubt you caught anything in 30 sec of oral sex.  But just put your mind at ease and just get tested.  It's been about 2 months so most of the tests should be 90 percent or more accurate at this point.  

I read your journal. It seems like the more you know the more it scares you. Even when you learned that 95% of Hep B cases spontaneously resolve due to immune response you immediately started thinking, "what if I'm in the 5% group?".

You're looking for something to worry about rather than for something to relieve worry.

You're chances of having caught anything are very low. There is only one way to know for sure. Get tested. The incubation period can be up 3 months for hep b, it's also long enough for HIV antibodies to form.

Seek counseling for the STD phobias.
really? there is still a chance that I have gotten hepa B? In that case, i would be the first one the doctors here would ever know
Honestly I think you have a phobia more than anything from all your posts.  I think that is what needs to be addressed first. Just get tested to put your mind at ease.  
so you're saying that I don't really have it and that I should get tested to slam the negative test on my face so I'd be relaxed? Or I have a slim chance i got it?
my mom said i had complete vaccinations when i was young  but she can't remember if i had hepa B vaccine.
I read from your post that you said hepatitis can be transmitted thru oral sex. However, the doctors here said that they don't know any case at all. Any comments on this?
You can get it if you have any cuts or sores, If you have contact with anyone who has it through saliva, blood, semen etc.

Just get it checked again in a few weeks if you want.  Then go get vaccinated after!
now I'm confused. What you are saying is totally different from what the doctors are saying. They said that hepatitis risk for oral sex is zero. now i'm confused :((
That is not true!  Well you can get Hep B from the following:

Semen, Blood, Saliva (But not as common) .... Then drug use, and being born with it.

If one of those gets into a cut into a sore obviously you can get infected.

Thats why they have Hep B with STD's because it can be transmitted that way.

Saliva is not generally the  main way of transmission but if you have a cut or a sore obviously its not good!  

If you want to confirm your results of your test again, then go get tested again!

Simple as that.  You can go as many times as you want.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Brief-unprotected-oral-sex-encounter-with-prostitute/show/940826

see the reply of dr. HHH there. he said that there is zero risk for hepatitis in that exposure. :(( :(( :(( what do i believe :((
Believe what you want.  I got Hep B from Oral sex I believe.  

I had cuts/sores on my penis though.  She performed Oral sex on me.

There was no blood... Just Saliva.

Anyways just go get tested....
really? you don't have any previous exposure. The doctors here said that hepa B is not even a concern when it comes to oral sex.

My last exposure was november 2009. I still don't have symptoms. Are the odds that I have it?
Well if you get checked then you will get your results!

That was 3 months ago!  
what can you say about the fact that the doctors here say hepa b is not a concern at all regarding Hepa B? So meaning you don't believe them? Don't you have other exposures?
Well it is not true!  You believe what you want though.

All I know is that I had Oral sex and 3 weeks later I got tests back saying that I was positive.

I had tests 4 days after and it was negative soo.

The other time I had sex with a girl was 3 months before that with a condom.
really? but they are experts in the field of STD and HIV. I find it hard to believe. now i'm very confused...i want to die now...
did you experience symptoms?
Yes I did!
so it's a good sign that i haven't experienced any symptoms?
Its a good indication...

But if you get tested that's 100%
I read that when you are an adult, the chance of a hepa B not becoming chronic is 90-95%. I'm 19 years old. how adult is adult
above 18
you should go and test your HepB blood test
if you got negative, you should also take the vaccine instantly
dont waste your time
and here is no Teak
Teak is an expert on HIV forum
good luck buddy
I was just really confused because the experts here tell that there is not concern at all about hepa B when it comes to oral sex....sigh....