hepa B
Hi I'm a 4th year medical technology student. I was diagnosed last year that I was reactive in hepa B but I did not take it too seriously once the doctor said that it will not affect my career but she told that I need to do some lab tests. The problem was I was not able to do that because I was too busy studying. Recently, I managed to take HbsAg screening then it was reactive again and I go to the doctor, I still need to talk to him about the series of test he told me. I don't knoe what to do. I think I can't graduate. All my dreams were shattered :( I need some advice on what to do :(
When you are positive, the only way to know is through test. Many people don't need treatment, they Only need to monitor some blood test. Frist thing first, No one can help you without Lab report, for obvious reason "We are not God". If you get the following test members here can help you.
1.Hbsag in Quantitative in IU/ml
2.hbv DNA pcr
3.Fibroscan
4.LFT
6. Find a good Dr. (This is the hardest part)

all of us we were chocked at 1st time when we knew that we have this desease;but after that you will learn how to live with
may be you are inactif
just do the tests asked by your doc and fellow what he says,if you have doubts go to other liver specialist for 2nd opinion
cantinue your studies and try to find a job ,dont let this illness disturbe your way of life
sure it is an illness wich makes stress ,try to avoide it because it is not good keep your self always busy
eat healthy and stop at all alcohol
good luck
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm glad i found this website :) Good thing is that I don't drink alcohol and smoke. I already have doubts if i can still continue my bachelor degree because of hbv. I think it's not allowed. All i have to do is to shift to another course but I am already on my fourth year and graduating next year. My parents money and all the efforts i've made will go to waste. I'm afraid also because people might discriminate me because i'm sick. Someone said that i can't work and have children :(
i think you are youth ,you can change the medical domain some time years pases without doing any thing ,you can change the field and start from the begining .
i am 31 years old and have hbv ,i  have licence degree and i have children and i think  will cantinue my studie,why not?
for people dont let them know that you have this desease,you are not obliged to do
for children you can have dont worry
Yes i'm still in my youth so I can't really accept now that i have hbv. I'm totally depressed because my graduation is due next year but I have to study again for another 4 years. My mom already know that I'll be changing my course and she's fine with it but I still don't know where will I fit. Yeah, I think that it's a bad idea too telling others. My friends don't even know what's happening. I'll leave them without a word. I don't like explaining things. So sad but There are still another opportunity for me. Might as well grab that