hepa b result
my bf was diagnosed with hepa b sept last year. then he had his lab test last week..here are the results..please translate it. thanx.

sgpt/alt--10   u/l   4~41
sgot/ast--28  u/l   5~38

anti hcv (eclia)--510.50--cov 1.000 reactive screening test only

HBsAg w/ titer(eclia)--.77--cov 1.000 nonreactive

anti  HBs(eclia)-- >1000   iu/l ---cov 10.000  reactive.
---end---

hope to get your response soon.thanx

check hcvrna pcr

he had both hbv and hcv, antihcv says nothing he must check hcv rna to know if he is stil hcv infected

hbv can be occult on hbv-hcv coinfections so check also hbvdna with very high sensibility pcr
so,it isnt sure yet that he is hepa b free even though his hbsag is non reactive?

and one more question: what does anti hcv eclia-510.500 reactiv and anti hbs eclia >1000  means?does that mean he has high immunity for both b and c?

thanx for answering my first post.hope ul answer me again..thanx a lot.thank you very much

99% yes, some with hbv and hcv coinfection just clear hbv becaue hbv is suppressed by hcv and when they clear hcv the hbv virus comes back

antihcv means nothing, only says he had or have the virus.he must check hcvrna pcr with high sensibility until 10-20iu/ml

hbsab>1000iu/ml, if continuatively so high there might be virus left, hbvdna with sensibility pcr til 6iu/ml might say if there is some hbv virus left

so he needs both very high sensibility pcr tests, highest probability is that he cleared both viruses espeically because alt are normal what i said previously is to be 100% sure instead of 99%
thanx for the info stef2011.

he had his firts lab tst and check uplast september. and he is hep c reactive.

then three months after he was examined for both c and b.. the c became non reactiv then the b is reactive

then last week he had lab exam. the result is shown in my very first post.

-can you please assess the result of my bfs lab tst?or ur answer and recommndations wil still be the same?

thanx for replying..itsREALLY OF BIG HELP.
thnx for d info that u gave me..

my bf hd hs frst lab tst and check up last september 2010 and he was diagnosed of having hepa c reativ.

dn after three months,he was examined again with hcv and hbv and the result is hcv non reactive and hbv reactive..

and thn last week he had his lab exam again. the result is shown in my very first post.

can u pls assess the three results?thanx a lot!ur reply is reallyOF BG HELP
its so clear that the patient were able to get rid of the virus because of anti HBs reactive, you're 100% free from the virus

it is not 100% there are about 7% of cronic hbv made of hbsag mutant with no hbsag and cronic hbv or made by hbsag positive and hbsab positive and there are also cronic hbv with no hbsag, no hbcab and only hbeag.so only the pcr dna and rna can say free 100%

and finally you also have rare occult hbv, again made by hbsag mutants.these mutants are getting spread more than in the past due to the use of the weak stupid antivirals lamivudine and adefovir, so in asia there are many natural hbsag mutants and many made by antivirals.

also vaccines or previous cleared hbv infection do not protect from the hbsag mutated forms
thanxfor ur infos.

you can be almost 99,9% sure about eradication of both viruses if he had hbv and hcv at different time and cleared separately but gaian i'd prefer closest to 100% security by the hi sensibility pcr tests