Hepatitis B Community
hepa b symptom

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepa b symptom

Hi , im bhea , what is the symptom of hep b? Now my eye is yellow .some one can tell me if this is acute stage or chronic?  
http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/stds/std_hepatitis.html
"Someone with hepatitis B may have symptoms similar to those caused by other viral infections, such as the flu — for example, tiredness, nausea, loss of appetite, mild fever, and vomiting — as well as abdominal pain or pain underneath the right ribcage where the liver is.

Hepatitis B can also cause jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin and the whites of the eyes, and may cause the urine to appear brownish.

However, many people infected with hepatitis B do not have any symptoms until later on, when more serious complications, such as liver damage, can occur."

Whether you are acute or chronic can only determined by blood tests. Go and see a doctor.
Thanks for the info ,   i apply in company here in the philippine then company need to check if you are able to work physically all the test i pass but i thing are not my Hsbsag reactive thats why nurse tell me you have a Hep B i ask him what is this ? , she said this is a blood decease , i dont know how can get this illness ,before im work in electronics company but i dont know if have hepatest to my previous company.
now my eyes yellowish ,  can i ask to you? If you have jaundice this is  a clearing stage? Or i have cancer in my liver? ,thanks Good bless u
Jaundice can occur during acute hepatitis, but it can also occur during chronic hepatitis B. In Asians, it is not easy to diagnose jaundice because of skin complexion, you have to look at the white parts of the eyes. Hepatitis B is seldom a fatal disease(unless ignored and left untreated) and it can be treated very successfully, so don't try to be your own doctor. Most Asians are infected at birth from their mothers.

If you are are discriminated because of your Hepatitis B, you must protest and complain to your government. Medical tests for employment are often abused by the employers to discriminate workers. Government should protect the rights of those with a chronic illness. If you were not allowed to work then your government should provide support for you.

Go and see a doctor.
Thanks a lot Mr.stephen ,, if you have a jaundice it is better?  It's that true ? Or not? Because my friend said if you have jaundice thats mean your immune system is able to fight to clear the virus? , I'm so confuse, by the way in the last day of march i will go to hepatologist, if got my result can interpret to me? , thanks again Mr.
Jaundice indicates your liver is not functioning properly. This can be a result of your immune system fighting the infection, but it can also mean your liver is not functioning due to disease progression. Please remember, immune system fighting the infection does not always lead to victory. It is these frequent but unsuccessful battles that leading to fibrosis and progression of liver disease.

You should ask your doctor for the interpretation of your results. We are not doctors and can only give you our own personal opinions which are not necessary correct.