Hepatitis B Community
hepa b test result is non reactive but greyzone

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hi all.. my hbsag result is non reactive but at greyzone level.. is there any chance i get well so that i can bring back d normal value of my hbsAg??? my hbAeg and anti bodies are all non reactive.. how can i make my self to avoid being positive????
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Grey zone in test result may mean poor sensitivity of test results. It may indicate that it cannot be decided whether you are positive or negative for hbsag.It may be possible that tests if done early may not help in diagnosis and you may need a repeat test after few months. Other tests which may be done are hbsag quantity in iu/ml and hbvdna pcr .You cannot do anything till the results of your test are clear. Consult a doctor and discuss your concerns. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!

thnx for the information.. my absorbance value is .130 and the cut off value is .098 during my 3rd test of hbsag result.. my antibhs and hbeAg and other 2 types of test.. i dont remember what it is but all came out non reactive...can u explain me further????