Hepatitis B Community
hepa b vaccine

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepa b vaccine

i'm 53 yrs old and received hepa b vaccine 1st dose 03/15/08, 2nd dose 04/19/08 and 3rd dose 05/17/08. On jan 16, 2009 i had my HBSAG AND ANTI-HBS QUALI. The result is HBSAG: NON REACTIVE (HEPASCAN) AND ANTI-HBS: NON REACTIVE (HEPASCAN). MY ALT IS 67.  DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MY VACCINE?  IS IT NOT DANGEROUS TO MY HEALTH?  MY ALT HAD INCREASED. AS PER MY LAB RESULT NORMAL RANGE IS  30-65 ONLY. Thanks .              carl
Tags: h
You do not have HBV, nor do you have immunity yet, but your ALT is elevated.  Do you drink alcohol?
no,  i am not drinking alcohol. is it not a sign of fatty liver? lately i've been taking tuseran capsule for my cough. last antibiotic i've taken is amoxiclab that is last december. I'm afraid to have another dose of hepa b vaccine due to this reason. at age 53 is it safe to have hepa b vaccine? thanks .        carl
at age 53 is it safe to have hepa b vaccine?

--I think so, please confirm with your family doctor who knows your conditions better.
thanks i'll ask my doctor about this.