hepa b
my boyfriend has hepatits b virus but i was vaccinated and completed the 3 shots and before i was given that i already had my titer test and the result was negative then last june 2011 i checked my antibodies and the result was 10U /mL then I get my booster dose last july 2011 then after that I didnt checked my antibidies again then by the month of august 2011 up to now i have unprotected sex with my boyfriend.. my question is since i completed the 3 shots and had my booster shot am I protected from the virus even my partner is infected.
Hi there,
The complete vaccine series induces formation of protective antibody levels in more than 90-95% of people. The protection lasts for at least 20 years and is possibly lifelong. This vaccine is very effective. A person who has responded to the vaccine series will demonstrate a positive result for the hepatitis B surface antibody thus you can check the vaccine efficacy. But no vaccine is 100% effective. A person can get hepatitis B even after being completely vaccinated. Avoid unprotected sex.It is best to consult a healthcare professional and get tested for hepatitis B.Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!