Hepatitis B Community
hepa profile result please interpret

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepa profile result please interpret

Hi To all,

Got my hepa profile today..Can you please interpret the result. I dont know my status of my liver and sad i dont have enough money for treatment.. Please let me know if i am still curable.. Thanks

TEst                               PAtient's Count                      Cut-off value                    Result
HBs AG                          3.190                                    0.105                             Reactive
ANti-HBs                         63.0                                      147.0                      Non reactive
HBe Ag                           0.061                                     0.170                     Non reactive
Anti HBe                         0.049                                      0.404                     Reactive
Anti-HBc(IgG)                   0.053                                     0.586                     Reactive
Anti -HAV (IgM)               0.063                                     0.105                   Non-reactive.  

Get on internet explorer.

Type in 'the body.'  Click on the 'complete hiv/aids resource.'

Click on ask the experts.

You will see a 4 rows of 5 people.  Dr Barb McGovern is in the bottom row, right in the middle.  Click on her picture and ask your q.  She is really wonderful.

Good luck.
Jie_26 :  You labs are pretty common for chronic hepatitis B carriers.  You do have HepB but are likely a "inactive carrier", which is great and you probably son't need treatment.  You need to check your HepB DNA count and ALT /AST levels to be sure.  You should try to see a doctor for monitoring.  But your labs looks good so far, so don't worry too much.  Take care.

To my other forum members:  While I know that the intention is good in trying to help the next person, please try no to refer those with HepB to other sites so quickly.  Those newly dignosed with HepB are under stress and are fortunate to have found this forum.  It is these types of misunderstanding that HepB individuals felt being sent away in the past.  

I read Dr. McGovern's questions and answers site.  She get many many inquiries and only able to answer a few of them given that she is quite busy and only answers questions in her free time.  Not surprisingly, it takes her a long time (compared to this MedHelp) to answer questions.  And people ask the same questions over and over, questions that fellow MedHelp forum members here could probably answer.  So I think it's best to refer her those with really unique questions.  This way we could protect those excellent resources that we do have.

steven NYer thanks for your  reply you have a kind and good heart. HOnestly, you lighten my feelings. Nothing knows my situation except this forum.. Mostly people here in our place are judgemental and i dont want that my family get worried also. I am the breadwinner and its my dream to work abroad sad i failed in medical exam because one of the requirements is the bloodtest. I am happy to find this forum because i felt that i am not alone with this situation. I pray miracle happen with me.. I will have a DNA test by next week. I read also philippine forum that there are hepa b reactive that turn to non reactive because of taking korean ginseng.. I give also a try with  this.

JAkied thanks also with your reply...
I'm glad that this forum is a place where you could find support.  I wish you the best.  Keep us posted on your DNA test.  As for the Korean ginseng, please don't put all your hopes in that becasue you will likely be disappointed.  If there is such a simple cure, there won't be 500 million people with HepB.  Keep the expectations real so you don't be disappointed.  Take care.
hi im nhoj, 22 i undergu medical early this morning,  and late this afternoon someone txted me from the clinic that i need to go back tomorow for my hepa b profile,  im so depress right now cuz i know what hepatitis is and  thres no cure for it right? i dont know wat to do, i dont want to tell my parents about this. but still they have the rights to know whats really happening to me. why lord? why did you gve me this such of illness? why me? im still crying, im the eldest of the family and i want  to gve my family a better life, how can i work now if im sick? lord, why me? ive been a good son to you. im really hoping that there are miracles. someone help me..im so depress.