Hepatitis B Community
hepatatis b

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepatatis b

recently I have done testing of HBV DNA AND RESULT IS 32 1I/ML.
PLEASE ADVICE WHAT IT MEANS. Dr says I m health carrier
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
HBV DNA testing measures how much genetic material is present. A high level of HBV DNA means that the virus is multiplying in the body and a person is very contagious. In a person with chronic HBV infection, an elevated viral DNA level indicates an increased risk for liver damage and a person may need antiviral medicines. HBV DNA testing is a more sensitive test than HBeAg for detecting HBV in the blood .The level of 20,000 IU/mL (around 105 copies/ml) has been accepted as a level below which there is a relatively low likelihood of hepatic damage. It is best to discuss the test results with your doctor. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!

change doctor right away, you found an ignorant buthcher, hbvdna alone means nothing, we are posting from years the tests needed to define your status in order of importance and predict hbv clearance on therapy:

fibroscan
hbsag quantity in iu/ml
hbvdna
hbeag/hbeab
genotype
liver function
by the way healthy carrier is an old stupid name from a decade ago, not used anymore since a decade from updated liver specialists, low hbsag allows inactive disease:
genotype a-d hbsag<1000iu/ml, hbvdna <2000iu/ml, normal ast/alt, fibroscan<5-6kpa

genotype b-c hbsag<100iu/ml (dont remember exact level but it is about 100iu/ml), hbvdna <2000iu/ml, normal ast/alt,fibroscan<5-6kpa
hi ,
thanks for your valuable advice. I will be consuting my doctor shortly.
by the way just wanted to ask that my current label is 32 which is far below to the 20,000 IU/ML. DO I need some medicine to make it 0. please advice.
thanks agains
this is Stef2011 who you should be grateful to, the M.D. just poured to you a basket of outdated info that is considered to be wrong today. 20000 IU/ml = 105000 copies/ml by the way and it is changed to 2000 IU since a few years ago.

You can make your DNA = 0, by the NUCs but it is most likely will be temporary. The goal is to make HbsAg = 0, you can start following it by getting to know your current HbsAg level by quantitative test in IU/ml.