Hepatitis B Community
hepatitis A B C Testing

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepatitis A B C Testing

I've tested HIV negative at 12 weeks on the same day I asked for a Hepatitis test. I dont know what test they are doing! how accurate would a Hepatitis teat be at a uk hosbital??? What is the window period? im looking for  % accuracy 12 weeks post exposure. Is the test likely to be conclusive at 12 weeks.

Im going to phone them on Monday what questions should i ask??

My exposure was as follows.

First of all I was staying in a hotel on my own for a couple of nights, on the first night i vigorously mastibated myself after about 8 pints of larger. I had a very sore **** - I'm 37.

The following night I visited a strip/sex club after more alcahol (alcohol) (Don't ask me why i dont usually do this sort of thing)

I fingerd one woman then mastibated I didn't *** (lasted 5 mins)
Then I recived unprotected oral from a woman. I know she had just seconds beforehand sucked off a couple of men to completion. (I strongly feel she had *** in her mouth when she comenced with sucking my ****)  I didnt ***, however when i felt her brests I could feel *** on her body and my hand. I wiped my hands on some sheet/chair and left without ejaculation. (this lasted about 5 mins again)

Then I masterbated to completion whilst viewing another woman dance.

The mucous sking on my uncircumcised **** was exposed to vaginal fluid, saliva and ***!

After 1 week i had pain im my **** after urinating for 5 days. I orderd antibiotics for clamidia and gonorea of the internet and it all claeard up after 3 days.

Ive had all the following symptoms

Week 3 Very red skin on forhead and back-side of neck ( Like sun burn)
Week3&4 Couldent eat felt sick (lost 9lb now 1st  at week 10)
Week 4 Sore Throat, Cold and Night Sweats
Week 5 mucels of my neck becoming very sore and painfull
Week 5 Some light night sweats
Week6 swollen lymph glands in my neck and just in front of my ears. They are not visable but easy to feel. Same applies to my groin area right side much worse than left side)

Painfull neck and lymph nodes have stayed with me till now week 11.
My cold still comes and goes better one day then bad again on the following day.

Please help!
any one please comment

hbv is a benigne illness for adults and never gets crhonic if immune system is not suppressed like for aids or drug addicts or drugs to cure diseases (many drugs damages immune system), hbv has also no symthoms, only very few cases who clear hbv have symthoms and the symthoms are due to our immune system clearing the virus, hbv itself makes no damage to human body

if you want to test hbsag, hbsab and hbcab are the tests
Are you saying I hve no risk of HCV only HBV.
Also are you saying if I did have HBV I will almost certanly clear the virus?
How accurate/conclusiive would you say the  hbsag, hbsab and hbcab tests are 12 weeks post exposure?
tested negative for Hep B at 12 weeks post exposure. My doctor says this is conclusive to you guys agree? is there any chance i have Hep c from above mentioned exposure?
oral sex with precence of *** in womans mouth!
This is bad advice, not true
Mark, I think you're fine...... I think you have a guilty conscience for cutting loose and perhaps it went a bit further than you wanted to, now maybe you feel guilty for your actions, but shouldn't.... We're all human, and sex feels good, stop beating yourself up over this.

The neg Hep B test at 12 weeks is pretty much accurate. put that one out of your mind. Hep C and HIV? You didn't do anything that would have put you at great risk, as the behaviors above isn't typical of transmission of those viruses.

Now, if while you were getting your **** sucked, you accidently sat on a used hypodermic needle, then I'd say you're at risk and need testing for both Hep C and HIV..... What you did at the club? You might need a stronger antibotic (antibiotic), and to chillax a bit.. Just take a deep breath, and let the guilt go, there's no reason you should beat yourself up over this. Stop punishing yourself for a walk on the wild side.
you say bad advice??

Whats the test window period for HepB and HepC ??
No one will answer this question??? Do you know why???
12 weeks to 6 months is typical window, depending on the amount of virus you were exposed to.

The bad advice I was referring to is the following excerpt :

hbv is a benigne illness for adults and never gets crhonic if immune system is not suppressed like for aids or drug addicts or drugs to cure diseases (many drugs damages immune system),

My immune system was/is not suppressed, and I am otherwise healthy, yet I have chronic Hep B. I test Neg for HIV and have no other health issues. Some people just have no ability to fight this off. In fact, for a small amount of  people , the vaccine will not protect you.
..........But nearly most all cases show up within 12 weeks. You're doctor is right!
just had my 23 week test today for hepb and hepc. Im very very worried about the results.

Had my HBV and HCV test results Wednesday last week all clear. Is this conclusive for both HBV and HCV???
is my test results for HepB and HepC conclusive???

it is not bad advaice it is just reality of facts, all hbvers are infected at birth because hbeag is able to infect even before birth when there is no immune system, there is even almost no medical reports on acute hbv becoming chronic since there are no enough cases to study so the few adults with chronic hbv reported are 3-4% with incompetent immune systems especially pregnant women who have suppressed immune system naturally during pregnancy

the studies on acute hbv infections becoming chronic and relative immune response to hbv are on monkeys, no humans to biopsy and study this
Do I need test again fo HIV or HCV somebody please help!
Bump
no
I'm still worried I may have Hep c or hep b. please will someone comment do I need to test again? I was antibody negative at 23 weeks post potential exposure. I'm experiencing nausea darker than usual urain ( slightly cloudier than usual) Yesterday and today I have dioreah. Plz will someone comment on the reliability if my tests and whether I should go for further testing. I also have some mild pain on upper left hand side of by back frequently over the last 2 months.
that s not hepatitis
from hbv and hcv,

better get a doctor