hepatitis B positive
my hepatitis B is positive. when i checked for DNA load on december-2013 it was 10360IU/ml. I am taking Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate tablets IP 300mg Daily one tab. After using this again i was checked on july-2014 in this DNA report it shows Target not detected.my quetion is can i clear it please help me. my age 29yrs can i marry with this condition please help me.
check all community posts, to know if infection is being cleared or if you can clear by peginterferon addon you need to follow hbsag quantity by iu/ml
do hbsag quantitative in iu/ ml to know if r a clearing.
Raju if you live in the united state the hbsag quantitave is not available but if you live anywhere else you could have it done. I'm planing to travel to Rome in August to get it done.
i am in india
please tell me is it clear or not
i did in iu/ml  before it was 10360 iu/ml  now it is not detectable.
I beleive the hbsag quantitative is available in India. The DNA viral load is undetectable which is good but that doesn't mean you cleared the virus. You need to get HBSAG undetectable like the others said to see if you cleard it.
just to add (I'm using Stef2011 words) continue on Tenefovir and monitor HBSAG quantity is you get it less than 1000 iu/ml add peginterferon for a year or 2 and monitor as you will have a good chance to clear the virus. Yes you can marry because if your future wife get the vaccine then she is protected and you will not pass the virus. I'm married and have 2 kids without an issue and I was born with HBV.
thank you mike for u r valuable words for me. and my doubt is if she was vaccinated then we try for children's please  reply me it is importance for me.
I am using Tenofovir.  my doubt is if my future wife was vaccinated then can we try for children's please  reply me it is importance for me
Mike, I need to correct you on this... the quantitive is not available "commercially" but it is measured in the labs. They just won't release the numbers to the patients or the doctors, but are following the quantitive results to determine clearance and would offer decisions from there. I had a discussion with my Hepatologist about this and this is what he told me. He was a bit frustrated that it's not a public number yet in the united states and feels it should be available commercially as everyone else has done so in other countries.
Best place of treatment of hbv in india is ilbs delhi
If your wife get vaccinated then hbv is like water nothing to worry. Read previous comment carefully espacially steff comment he have very good knowledge in this field.
thanks for the info luckyman, it is very said that we don't have the numbers but I will be travelling this summer to europe to get all the numbers/mutant etc... Hope I don't find i have the bad type that lead to HCC which is worry me the most.

Raju you are good and you can have kids as long as your wife got her 3 shots. My wife took the 3 shots before we married and my 2 kids once they are born they gave them shots too so they are all immune. You are good to marry and to raise kids don't let this virus ruin your life.
I am not using peginterferon. I am using only  Tenofovir my doctor was not suggested me the peginterferon please suggest me can i use peginterferon.
only when hbsag gets to less than 1000iu/ml, this may take severeal years on tenofovir (5-8years).when hbsag gets to that level add on pegintf to tdf

attention not to confuse hbvdna viral load and hbsag quantity, they are 2 different tests.hbvdna is used to see if antiviral is working, when und it means antiviral works and prevents liver damage while it has no meaning as to viral clearance

hbv will be cleared only when hbsag is und and hbsab>10miu/ml stable (optimal 200miu/ml or higher)
Stef if antiviral like tenefovir have no effect on hbsag how do we actually get it to under 1000 iu/ml? Do hbsag quantity even without nucs get lower every year in nature?
kindly urgent clarification

sgpt 80 sgot 155, hbv dna 18600 iu/ml started treatment one month back with tenofovir 300mg one tablet daily but now i had dengue fever where my sgpt raised to 230 and sgot to 330  but dr told . as  nothing to worry this is happened  due to dengue fever and continue the treatment with tenofoivir  in this regard kindly clarify.
today lft done sgpt now 120 and sgot 190 it is reduced from 230 and 330 after one month form dengue fever cure or tenofoivir  tablet effect.

antivirals can lower hbsag by lowering hbvdna in the liver too and after 6-10 years of use start to lower hbsag considerably on a minority of patients

cccdna is also created by virions not being released in the blood stream but going back to the cell to create more reservoir of cccdna.of course the lesser virions the lesser reservoir.this is extremely slow because antivirals cannot block all virions at all
I thought CCCDNA stays in hepatocytes forever. I also understand there are clinical trial in the US for withdrawing Tenofovir after taking it for a couple of years to see if the patient's immune system can clear up the HsBV and HBsAB rises means you are clear of diseases.
dear stef is there any labs available in india to check hbsag quantity. Please suggest me the labs.
many use search box to find the posts
my HBV DNA viral quantitative load is TARGET NOT DETECTED. and
HBsAg,Quantitative @ (CMIA) is 36320.42 IU/mL
what it means please tell me the status presently i am using Tenofovir tablets IP 300mg Daily one tab. please give me reply.
It means your HBV DNA is undetectable but your HsB surface antigen is still present and active. You can not withdraw Tenofovir and must continue taking it indefinitely. Recent studies shows that after taking Tenofovir for a number years, and later stop taking Tenofovir, a certain per centage of patience loss their HsB antigen and the antibody rises. Their number of clinic doing clinical trial here in the US. You want to talk to your hepatologist how this clinical trial progress.
dear stef i have medical test for a job can they do hbsag. if positive will come what should i do. can they reject me please answer me. please any one.
If you are positive with HsAgB and the job is directly in contact with the product they are making ( fear of contaminating their product) or as health care worker that works directly with patient,  you may not get it.
HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIBODY(Anti-HBs),SERUM@(CMIA) IS  136.49 mIU/mL. this is for my spouse after vaccination what it means. can i marry her and try for childrens please suggest me.
Means she built up her immunity and it's perfectly fine to marry her. But make sure when she gave birth to a baby, the baby should be immediately immunized with Hep B
if we have a sex then she will get hbsag is any problem for childrens.
She has to be vaccinated with hep B before you guys have sex so she doesn't Get Infected with the virus.
If a male is positive with hep B the children more likely will not get hepB if they are vaccinated immediately.  Not sure if the mother is positive with hep b the children could get hep b ( some children gets it called vertical transmission some don't )
Vaccinate your wife and check hbsab lvl if hbsab
>10iu/ml then is ok she will not infected in future this is response of hbv vaccine and One more thing hbv is harmless for who infacted in addult 95 Percent clear with immune system. Learn from the previous post and websites
Raju your  wife is immunized don't worry you can married with her.and get children wich should be vaccinated.best wishes
You may try to withdraw tenofovir, like you've said, after few years but I guess only if HBsAg is low and of course under doctor's surveillance, because ALT flare is expected.