Hepatitis B Community
hepatitis b test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepatitis b test

i fell in jaundice just two months ago and then billirubin was 5.6 and hbs ag was positive and nw my billirubin level become normal and my igm anti hbc test is 0.07 (non reactive) and my dr famous hepatologist in kolkata gave me amedical certificvate that i am non infective and adviced me to visit 6 months later.i am afraid of chronic infection. i was vaccainated 6 years before and my question is am i carrier of chronic hepatits b infection.pls someone help me with a valuable answer how long i can live???
If you had the vaccine 6 yrs ago but still u got infected possibly it's chronic.
so how long can i live
why did my dr tell me that i am totally cure and required no treatment further and he dfiddnt suggest me any medicine to take
Unfortunately it look that you are in a chronic phase, maybe you had alredy the infection 6 year ago.
Do you check tha antibody after the vaccine ?

Anyway, this has small importannce now, so I suggest you to perform following  tests:
- liver status by Fibroscan or biopsy (if Fibroscan is not available in you area biopsy is one of the alternative),
- HBsAg quantitative if is possible
- viral load (HVB DNA PCR)
- other liver related tests could help (ALT and AST and if is posible also ALKP  and Bilirubin and ... )

Base on this result a doctor should be able to advise you if treatment is recomanded or not.

As to your question you can live a long and good live, you only have to monitorise yourself and go under treatment if will be the case.
@4est , i hv being tested my ALT and AST.they were elevated when i fel in jaundice bt nw ALT and AST both are normal.and i consulted with one of the great hepatologist in india.he suggested me to consult with him after 6 months and nw told me that i am able to do hard work and no treatment is needed
if HbsAg present and igm anti hbc non present is usualy indication of chronic, and also the monitorig window is 6 month. I don't know if your doctor want to make a monitorin in 6 monthor just to chek the igm anti hbc and see if it will declare chronic or not.
Anyway, as long as HBsAg is present you can be considered cured, but this not mean that you need treeatmant - for that to be sure more test are required.
btw do you knw you HBV DNA ? or the liver status ?