hepatitis b
Hi there could someone help me understand my test result
Hepbsag reactive
Hepbsab non reactive
Hepbc igm igg total reactive
My question is does this result means that I'm chronic or acute thanks to everybody
Hello and hope you are doing well.
A positive hepbsag means that a person is infected with hepatitis B virus. This can be an acute or chronic infection. A non-reactive Hepbsab result indicates that there is no specific immune response to Hepatitis B surface antigen or vaccine. HBcAb or anti-HBc hepatitis B core antibody is an antibody which is produced in response to the core-antigen which is a component of the hepatitis B virus. A reactive HBcAb test result indicates a past or present infection, but it could also be a false positive. If it is present along with the protective surface antibody (positive HBsAb or anti-HBs) it indicates prior infection and recovery. In chronically infected persons, it will usually appear with the virus. Individuals who remain HBsAg positive for at least six months are considered to be hepatitis B carriers .Carriers of the virus are further tested for HBV DNA, serum alanine aminotransferase to see if the person has chances of developing chronic liver failure. You may need repeat tests to see whether you are suffering from acute or chronic infection. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!            
Thanks for your explanation I really appreciate it God bless you.