Hepatitis B Community
hi to stefano and others

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hi to stefano and others

Today is the 3 months (90 days) mark post my protected sex exposure which was with a prostitute from china
( unknown status )
so can I move on if my HBsAG test came back negative ??
and if not what the chance to show positive after this period ??

why haven't you had hbv vaccine yet and keep checking for hbsag which is a useless thing if you can take a vaccine shot....
a normal person would make vaccine and check for the immunity antibody hbsab

i think this low culture of vaccine is government/country related, i am really surprised there is so many people who is not used to the vaccines in general both before and right after exposure, this is something you learn at elementary school and even before because you have all kind of vaccine when a baby
i got the first shot
but is it enough time to show positive if i got it from my exposure ??

very good weel done, just check for the antibody titer hbsab after 3 weeks from the shot, if hbsag turns positive before the antibodies hbsab the vaccine will not work and you'll have normal acute hbv and have 90% probability to clear it
if hbsag doesn t turn positive in this 3 week period you will be covered, do not check hbsag now because you might get it positive but it is vaccine

some people dont develop antibodies at the first shot so if hbsab is not >10miu/ml take the second shot as indicated on vaccine box/instructions
thank u stefano

my result came back negative
so do u think its unlikely to change until the 6 months mark ??

well work on vaccine, get a doctor expert and ask him what can be done by vaccine shots and immune globulins