high creatinine after 4 years with lamivudine and adefovir
which treatment can I take now that my creatinine is elevated afer being on lamivudine and adefovir for 4years.I'm really frightened please answer me .(my DNA is undetectable and my ALAT ASAT  are normal).thanks very much for your help and support
Hi there,
Any drug is usually prescribed only if the benefits outweigh the risks .For preventing drug induced nephrotoxicity one should observe vigilance and early intervention. High creatinine affects kidney functions. Drinking lots of fluids, regularly exercising, and consuming lots of roughage can help keep creatinine levels in check. A good diet may help in regular detoxification of the blood and reducing the load on the kidneys. Consult your doctor and discuss if dosage can be reduced or an alternative drug can be recommended. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!

the mistake was use of adefovir which is not a first line hbv drug from many years to to resistance development and high toxicity for kidneys, you should have used tenofovir

any way switch to tenofovir as soon as possible which has much less toxicity, entecavir is not an option since yo used lam

for kidneys start fibroguard from heptech as soon as possible you should see creatinine decline by 1 month of use (i had this problem myself too), take one sppontea daily of baking soda checking urine ph to get around 7, lower sault in your diet and check other posts with similar problems, let us know if you solve the kidneys issue