Hepatitis B Community
high sgot,sgpt

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

high sgot,sgpt

I was found with hepititis (hepatitis) B and my sgpt is 83 U/L. sgot is 44 U/L. 10 months ago,sgpt was 48 U/L and sgot was 27 U/L.  I am extremely worried about this and the increment was so fast.  hoping some advice to solve it or cure it.
Hep B is not the only thing that can make your ALT and AST rise. How bad is your viral load? How about liver ultrasounds? biopsy? What about your HBeAb status?
read this first: http://www.rnceus.com/lf/lfast.html

83, if it is definitely from your HepB, may sound bad, but it may even be an excellent sign that some Hep B medicines will work well.

My point is this: I see no reason to panic. Do more tests, know where exactly you stand, and what your options are at each stage, and keep us informed.
thanks 4 the info. I scdule to do all the test as recommended next week.by the way ,what medicine are advisible for hepatitis B.
some options are mentioned on this page: http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

It is good to be informed of ones options, even if, finally, your lab results indicate that no treatment is necessary.