Hepatitis B Community
how to change hbeag from positve to negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HI everyone! I'm Female. 30 year old. I discovered that I was infected hepatitis B from 2007. Since then, I was inactive carrier( my alt ast below normal range) In June 2012, my alt was 22 and fibroscan is 5.5( 83% successfull rate), the doctor who treated me did not give me medication,
however, in 30 th June 2014, I did test again and my alt jumped to 108, fisboscan is 5.8 (100% sucessfull rate). my viral load is 9*10^9 copies. The doctor gave me tenofovir.
I was very afraid.I married two years and haven't got a baby yet. The doctor said me If i was inactive carrier the change my baby get infected Hep B was 10% if vaccinated, otherwise it was more than 90% if i was active with high viral load.
Is there any change for me to turn Hbeag from + to -. i EXPECT TO HAVE BABY SO MUCH.
MAY BE I GOT HEP B FROM MY MOTHER. SHE TREATED FOR 5 YEARS BUT NOT IMPROVED MUCH, SHE HAD CIRRHOSIS, SHOULD I FOLLOW HER BECAUSE WE MAY HAVE SAME GENOTICS
I'm from Viet Nam. We don't have Hsag quanlity test, we just have HDA test
You must tell us whether you are HBeAg positive or negative.

If you are HBeAg positive with very high viral load (> 7*10^7 iu/ml) when giving birth, even with HBIG and standard vaccination for your baby, you baby will still have a high chance (> 10%) of being infected. But if your viral load is low, with HBIG and standard vaccination for your baby at birth, the chance of your baby being infected is almost zero. So it is important that your viral load must be low (have treatment at the third semester to lower viral load if necessary) when giving birth and that your baby must receive HBIG and the first dose of the 3 dose vaccination within 12 hours of birth.

It is hard to judge whether you should have treatment now. However, if you are preparing to have baby, then I think treatment now is reasonable - you are 30, Fibroscan indicates very mild fibrosis.

I am not a doctor, these are just my personal opinion.
I'm hbeag positive. Do you think I have a chance to turn hbeag negative?
and with very mild fibrosis, is there any chance for me to turn from hbeag positive to negative just with Tenofovir 300mg/ a day?
Tenofovir is meant to reduce your viral load to very low or undetectable. This will prevent inflammation and progression of disease. Whether you are HbeAg positive or negative is not important for Tenofovir, it should work eventually to lower your viral load.
You will eventually change from HbeAg positive to HbeAg negative, it may take a year or several years. Very hard to predict. Once you turn HBeAg negative and if your viral load is very low or undetectable, your doctor may consider stopping medication.
Do consult your doctor, he is a specialist and you should follow his advice.