Hepatitis B Community
how to get rid of hbsag reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

how to get rid of hbsag reactive

Dear stefan,
I am hbsag positive. My hbv dna was not detectable or less than 1000 copies before 2 years. I tested again hbv dna now and it is 425 iu/ ml. Alt normal. Hbeab negative and hcv negative. Hepatologist advise me to take entecavir 0.5mg once a day for 4 month. I want to go abroad middle east. Kindly help me to make my hbsag negative.

Thanks,
Aamir
entecavir cannot make hbsagnegative, it only lowers hbvdna but your hbvdna is already low, if you want to clear hbsag there are two ways but you need to check hbsag quantity too know the chances to clear with one treatment or the other:

peginterferon, you ll clear hbsag if it is less than 1000iu/ml before starting peginterferon

tenofovir for 3 years and then peginterferon add on, this has 50% hbsag clearance by one year of combination
Thanks for your early response. My present tests are

HbSAG S/Co value 3660
HBV DNA quantitative 425 iu/ml
HBeAG Negative
HbeAB Positive
HCV Negative

Kindly advise me whether I stop entecavir, I have already taken Tenofovir 30 tablets once a day and 12 entecavir 0.5mg tablets. My doctor advised me to stop tenofovir and continue entecavir for 4 month and perform HBV DNA qualitative after 4 months. But I want to clear my HBSAG. Kindly advise me for how long and dose of peginterferon? Can this peginterferon make my HBSAG value non reactive?

Thanking you in the anticipation of your favorable advice.

Regards,

Aamir
HbSAG S/Co value 3660

useless and obsolete test, the number is not the hbsag value.use only abbott architect or roches elecsys

as to the other tests are not useful to predict anything.

change doctor that is probably corrupt to push entecavir sales, entecavir is weaker than tenofovir, much weaker and has no effect on hbsag.these antivirals are meant to take for life or tenofovir about 17 years there is no reason to take for some months

nothing can clear hbsag in a short time, the time needed is years and years, the shortest is tenofovir 3 years and then peginterferon add on to tenofovir until hbsag is cleared which is usually 1-2 years, so 5 years in total minimum
Ok Sir, Thanks for your kind advice. I am starting to take tenofovir and then add peginterferon with tenofovir after three years until my hbsag will clear. Any further test will you recommend during my therapy. please let me know

Thanks,

Aamir
Ok Sir, Thanks for your kind advice. From which Lab in Pakistan, I give the sample for HbSAG quant for abbot architect or rochese elecsys? In Pakistan, I have done QHBV by PCR from Pakistan most modern and well equipped lab Agha Khan Lab and Shaukat Khanum Lab which in my case was 425 iu/ml.  

Regards,

Aamir
pcr is useless and expensive you just need that every 6 months to see if antiviral is working but just that, it does not mean clearance of infection

the most important test is hbsag quantity in iu/ml by architect or elecsys every 3 to 6months
Dear Stef2011,

Thanks a lot for your valuable information. As per your advice, I have performed my blood test for HbsAg Quantitative by Abbot Architect ci8200 system and today I have recieved my lab test result

HbsAg Quantitative 384.76 Iu/ml
Kindly advise and recommend me medicine and dosage period to make Hbsag negative. I am awaiting for your help and quick response please.

Thanks,

Aamir
That number is just like Otan and he cleared hbsag in 16weeks or less with pegint + simvastatin.

Since when were you infected?
Dear Magda123,

I dnt know exactly how long I infected. In 2007, when I go to start screening then I come to know that my hbsag positive and at that time I have consulted a hepatologist but he did not recommend any medication. Now I am planning to go middle east for job and I started entecavir 0.5 mg on advice of hepatologist. Plz let me give the detail of your prescribed medication
Regards
Aamir
Plz advise quantity of dosage pegint +simvastatin
Try to search otan's experience and you could learn from it.

Stef will surely comment regarding this in a while, so better wait as he is most knowledgeable amongst us. If you are really keen to cure that remaining hbsag, interferon is the key adding to your current antiviral.
Your HbsAg quantity number, by the grace of the Almighty, is quite low, and there is much hope your hbv can be cleared. Remember that hbv, when it becomes chronic, is not easy to treat. You have to be patient.
Which country/city are you in? Maybe some member can suggest a good hepatologist of that country/city who can supervise/monitor your treatment, look at side effects if any, and suggest tests as and when required etc.
I am sorry, I missed the post of yours where you mentioned the Pakistani labs. So you are in Pakistan, right? Are you in, or close to a big city?
Dear wishful01,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am from Pakistan and lives close to Pakistan's capital Islamabad and Rawalpindi. If you know any good hepatologist from islamabad/rawalpindi or even from Lahore. Kindly suggest me. I am waiting your reply

Thanks,

amir
Dear Magda123,

Sorry, I dnt understand "Otan". Can you explain from where to search otan' s experience?

Regards,

Aamir
Type otan in the search menu and you will find old posts.

Sorry can't post link as i am using my mobile only.
Stef, please advise aamir..
Hi, Stef2011.

I'm a chronic hepa b carrier. My results are
HBSAG 3328 Reactive
A-HBS, Non-reactive. .18
HBEAG, Non-Reactive 0.141
A-HBE Reactive .004
HBV DNA 1762iu/ml

Hope you can make suggestion to make my hbsag non-reactive
Ok, so you are close to Isbd/Rwp and Lhr, which are major cities, I am sure you can find good hepatologists. First of all, like Stefano said, your numbers are very encouraging and quite uncommon between chonic Hep B carriers. So now you have to make a strategy, and move forward. There can be more than one strategy/regime. Stefano can guide you well about the options, but he sees and responds to a lot of posts, so my advise to you would be as follows:

1. Search this forum (Hep b), especially posts and comments by Stefano (stef2011), studyforhope etc to get an idea of peoples' opinions and experiences.

2. For Otan experience, links are following:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/HBV-almost-cleared-12-weeks-with-interferonsimvastatin/show/1676186

and

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/After-16-week-with-Interferron--Simvastatin/show/1680711

Then you can come back here and discuss with Stefano.