Hepatitis B Community
how will it end

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

how will it end

im 58 yrs,cirrhotic with mild fluid in abdomen on ultrasound.Got varices too.My albumin is 3.5.,INR is 1.2,bilirubin at 3.I was diagnosed only 5 mths back when i turned yellow.Though my HBV DNA is just 200 copies/ml , e Ag neg , e Ab positive., my doc advised me to have entecavir. But otherwise i feel healthy.i started entecavir and silymarin.I was jus wonderin how long hav i got and how will i end.Will it b a terrible one!!!!
Fibroman, from the Chinese site www.hbvhbv.com, I have read patients more serious than you.  Some of them are on some medications with Chinese names, some not.  Some are stable for a long time.  One of them was misdiagnosed as having HCC.  For one month, he looked like a walking dead.  Then when it was found out that it was a misdiagnosis, he immediately was on motorcyle again: his passion.
But i know i HAVE t virus,how else can u explain my symptoms and my virus load.Anyways i cant change t past.Hope i hav some more fruitful years .
thanx
Your attitude counts.
I don’t really know enough about cirrhosis and/or end stage liver disease to comment, but a lot of your outcome can depend on how well you take care of yourself. No one including your Dr can really predict how you course will turn out. Take care of yourself and you may very well have many more fruitful years ahead, especially if your condition remains stable. Not everything has to have an unhappy ending.

I just wanted to add that there may be some people on this forum that can help with your questions, but I have seen a lot more discussion about advanced stages of liver disease on the Hepatitis C forum. Even though they don’t really know much about HBV, there are many knowledgeable people over there that might be able to help with your questions about cirrhosis. So you may want to try posting this question over there also and just leave out the part about HBV and stick to cirrhosis questions. Here is the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/75?camp=msc

Hope you find the answers you are looking for and your condition remains stable. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
As Nash pointed out, it's hard to say.  I'm sure each presentation is very unique.  I think alot has to do with your current degree of liver damage and your response to meds.  I suspect that you will do very well on meds since your viral load is low to begin with.  Wish you well.
i found out that cirrhosis is not reversible so is there any point in continuing entecavir . What about silymarin , are they effective ?
If entecavir helps control the progression, it is still worth it.  What did your doctor say?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Stay on the Entecavir- you cannot afford any viral replication at this stage. If you want to reduce or stop the progression of your cirrhosis, go to Gaufs Journal at the HCV side he lists the best antifibrotic supplements for which real research support exists, that will give you a realistic chance at achieving this. Note that the type of curcumin that he recommends is erroneous. There is a higher absorption type available. Don't forget the diet and prebiotic/pro-biotic measures those are of critical importance in this setting.
thanx for tat info.

While i was going thru other posts I found tat their viral load was in millions but mine is only 200copies. how did i get cirhosis then ? doc said its cirrhosis based on ultrasound, coarse echo leson.Can he be wrong ? no biopsy done bcoz i objected.

Also to start antiviral , virus should be above a limit, mine is far below. Did my doc do right thing. Im scared of resistnce.

Also he dosnt know anythin abt biotics,antifibrotics.He says to do transplant ???
hi i have hep and delta virus active too,i have compensated cirhosis. taking tenefovir since one month will takke it for about three years as per my doctors advice am i on the right meds please advice me will i be able to regress my cirhosis? or die?