Hepatitis B Community
i got hbsag quantitative result. plzz help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Today i got hbsag quantitative test (abbot arcitect)

17/04/14

QHBSAG 128 iu/ml

16/03/14
QHBSAG 320 iu/ml
15/02/14

my previous test was
Hbsag confirmation test positive.
Antihbc total Reactive (CMIA) 12.86
antihbc IgM non reactive.(CMIA) 0.5
Antihbs Non Reactive.(CMIA) 0.81miu/ml
Hbeag Non Reactive(CMIA) 0.36
Hbv Dna Undetechable(PCR) <3.6 iu/ml

what can i do for clear hbv.

Should i watch hbsag quantity.
I am not taking  any medication now.
Whats ur opinion.

I am waiting for ur comments
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, your HBsAg levels are persisting. Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) level of less than 1 s/c is considered negative, while a level more than 5 s/c is considered positive.As HepB Core IgM values are low, it implies the IgG values are high. So, to sum up HBsAg is reactive and HBsAb negative, HepB Core IgG is positive so you are in chronic state. But as the viral load is low you may not need any therapy now. Keep monitoring the values and hope for improvement. Good luck. Regards.
sorry but your comment is outdated hbsag is not measured by s/co since 2000 in good healthcare countries and the only meaningful unit for hbsag quantitative is iu/ml

if you want to clear in few weeks to few months the only way is peginterferon, some members used off label simvastatin and cleared hbsag in less than 16weeks

otherwise hbsag will keep going down but it will take years, but in the meantime you can have hbsag mutations in the a determinant region and lose the opportunity to lose hbsag, this possibility is not very high but possible

another uncommon  scenario is occult hbv and according to the mutation type:
hbsag will accumulate inside liver cells making damage and very high liver cancer risk despite hbsag negative, hbvdna undetectable, normal ast-alt. antivirals have no effect on occult hbv

so best thing is fasten the process of hbsag clearance if you want to clear hbv as soon as possible.if you want to run a low risk of relapse by hbsag mutation or low risk occult hbv go on hoping hbsag will go down faster
WHAT IS MUTATION?is it when hbe become -and appearence of anti hbe?if yes why members are reaching for negativate hbe?
hbv is made of mutants, there is not a single hbv type as it replicates it makes error and changes its structure.so hbv is made of many populations of viruses, some mutants will disappear because not fit and others will survive

this continuous mutation as the virus replicates is to escape immune system or drugs and some mutations are very dangerous while most are not

tenofovir has no resistance mutations while all other antivirals have, peginterferon mono has also reported hbsag escape mutants while peginterferon plus tenofovir or entecavir probably dont

please don t ask more about this because complicated, long to explain and not so important
Thanks dear stef
Illl post my further tx and report
I am frm india.
Dear stef can i use interferon alfa 2a not pegINF.

because its so costly
one PEG INF inj cost is 13000 INR.
INF INJ Cost is 900 INR.
Inf administred 3 times a week.

Is same work in hbsag decline.
Hi Roshni

The peginf injection in India costs only 7000Rs atleast in Delhi. Which is the injection you are refering to which cost you 13000 Rs . Do you have the name for that one .
Plzzz give the name of inj
which cost is 7000 rs in delhi
and also where can i find this inj plzz send me details
Pegasys inj cost is 13000 rs.

Plzz send me other brands which is cheap
I am taking vit d3 60000 iu once a week + alinia tab 4 tab in a day.

Feeling well energetic.

After two month of vitd3+ alinia combo then ill chek qhbsag and see what happen about hbsag quantity.
My present hbsag quantity is
128 iu/ml.

Lets see what happen after 2 month.