if a person with hepa b cut his hand to the food we are eating,can we catch it?
a few moths ago we had a gathering with our friend and he cut his hand while cutting vegetables(he`s praparing vegetable salad).and we ate that after an hour.if some blood went on that vegetable,can we catch it also?...im just worried because we just knew that his infected with hepa b a few days ago.i had a vaccine last yr.the complete 3 shots but im just worried that it did not work in my system bec.i drink alot of wine everynight.even when i got vaccinated i was drinking the night before i got injected in the morning and that night i drink again...please enlighten me..im really worried.i might catch the virus.
If you are concerned that you can catch hepatitis B due to not knowing if the vaccine worked .... go get tested.  The test will show if your protected against hepatitis B by the vaccine.  I doubt that drinking makes a difference in how well the vaccine works.  For the most part if you completed the vaccine process your fine.  You can go to the public health department and get the test to confirm your protected against Hep B.
Best to You
thank you for your advice...i`ll do that as soon as possible..god bless!