Hepatitis B Community
if you test....

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

if you test....

If you test postive for Hep B core Antibody  and are immuned, can you still transmit the virus to your sexual partner? Also, are you still at risk for developing chrrosis and/ or cancer of the liver?

Can you work as a health care worker overseas - if you test NEGATIVE for HBSAG  and already have Surface Antibodies and Core Antibodies total?

Please help me comprehend.
If you test postive for Hep B core Antibody  and are immuned, can you still transmit the virus to your sexual partner?

-
No you dont transmit the virus.. as the saying goes: you cant give something you dont have .positive for core means you were at one point exposed to hbv but the fact that you are clear then you are immuned and immunity with hbv goes for life

Also, are you still at risk for developing chrrosis and/ or cancer of the liver?  God knows. NOT from HepB anyway. you just dont have it so it isnt a cause of cancer. remember hepB isnt the only virus relating to a liver disease.. excessive drinking might get you there you know

- Yes
thank you for your help.
i never knew i was exposed to it all my liver function tests were normal.
maybe i cleared it before it even got to replicate..

one last question -

i was given a health questionnaire to check the list of problems that pertain to me:   the list on the questionnaire given includes:

DIABETES
HEPATITIS
THYROID PROBLEMS
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
ETC..

Do i put a (check mark) next to Hepatitis?  Keeping in mind that i am surface antigen negative, and "naturally immunized" ?

ofcourse not.
you simply dont have it.. even simpler you will never ever have it

now, smile  please :-)
I tested negative for hepatitis a b and c but it says i have a high level of hepatitis b core igm antibody are detectable during the acute stage of hepatitis b. this antibody is used to differentiate current from past hbv infection what does this mean Please help!!!
your igm is positive and hbsag is neagtive ??
Post your results clearly
Hi I am a midwife by profession,used to worked in Labor and Delivery for 6 years before coming here in Canada.But when I recently had my Hepa B test,the result was
Hbsag-negative
B core total(ig G+Ig M)antibody------ reactive
What does it means? Do I need the vaccine?am I contagious?

Thank u so much for your help.
God bless..
Sally
hi
you havn t hbv desease