incubation period of HVB
I had sex with a girl who is Hep B positive. After a month I took Hep B screening test and the report shows that am HVB negative. And then I took first dost of vaccine. Now I have one ques in mind that, does the virus can be identified with in one month? I am little confused knowing that the incubation period of the virus is 120 days. What is that mean?
Hi there,
After getting infected with hepatitis B it may be possible that the usual testing does not detect it. It can take up to six months for the blood tests to confirm infection and follow-up testing may be necessary. Blood test for diagnosing hepatitis B is hepatitis B surface antigen and testing positive for this antigen means you have an active hepatitis B infection which can easily be passed to others. In your case you may need repeat testing at 6 months to confirm. In case of more queries visit a doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and take care!
You dont have hbv. Trust me when you catch it. The systems it causes will be nothing line you ever had. Basically flue like illness starts within 10 days. And most adult people clear hbv by the day 30-40 or so. It is during those late days an escape mutant can emerge. And then you are stuck. Putting people on interferon with acute hbv symptoms who have low body response to it will assure that your body will clear hbv. Basically the stronger the immune responds the better. as with any infection.

As for you before you have sex with hbv carrier vaccinate yourself against hbv. And forget about it in 3-6 months.