Hepatitis B Community
information

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

information

good day, im from the philippines.i had applied for a job in canada and im already in the process of comleting my requirements for visa application, since i was already verified and approved.Unfortunately, i was diagnosed with chronic hep b, my results were HBsAg reactive, Hbeag non-reactive and the DNA viral load test was 14IU/ml.just want to know if canada accepts worker with this kind of medical condition.hope to here from you the soonest.thank you.
Your results suggest inactive carrier status which is a very stable status.  Whether you can work in Canada really depends on their laws/prejudices/ignorances on Hep B.
Canada has socialized medicine so they are reluctant to admit new residents that are definitely going to require regular and expensive testing and possibly treatment.  
Avatar n tn
does it mean that i am inaddmisible in canada? but my doctor said that i am fit to work and i just need to have a check every 6 months.
I don't know what the law is in Canada.  I know their borders are not as open as the US. Good luck.