Hepatitis B Community
is it normal?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

is it normal?

Can A chronic Hep B patient be HBsAg (+),  HBV DNA undectectable, HBeAg (-) for several years without taking medication?
Someone please answer my question.
Yes, it is called the immune control or inactive phase. However this phase may not last forever, as the virus may mutate and patients may enter the immune escape phase, aka HBeAg negative chronic Hepatitis. Treatment is required in this phase.
you should find out your hbSag level in iu/ml and hepatitis b genotype.
liver damage is also independent to ast-alt and hbvdna undetactable because the virus is present inside the liver and inside the cells.although liver damage is none or much less with hbvdna und today we are finding damaged livers even in these some carriers in inactive phase this is thanks to fibroscan that was not available years ago so it was impossible to check livers of inactive carriers since biopsy was refused

hbsag quantitaive shows the number of infected cells you have in your liver and your immune response.sometimes hbsag is high (infection diffuse throughout the liver) despite hbvdna und, most of the time it is low ininactive carriers
What can I do to improve my immune system to fighting Hepatitis B virus. What do I eat and avoid eating as a carrier of Hepatitis B.tanks