Hepatitis B Community
is there any treatment for chronic hepatitis B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

so, right now, i found out that i am really positive in HEP B, and that it is chronic cause i was positive in the core thingy, i am very upset. so i just want to know if there's any treatmentt?
There is treatment. But, it depends on your HBV conditions.  Sometimes, you don't need treatment, but just monitor it. Sometimes, you should be treated.  Please make careful decision before treatment.  Once you get in it is not easy to get out.
positive in the core thingy,

it  doesn t mean anything, you need all markers to know what you have not one or two

hbcab igm negative= cronic (chronic) but only if also hbsag is positive
hbcab igm positive= acute/cleared and not cronic (chronic)

as general minimal check you can use:
hbsag positive infected
hbsag negative not infected
hbsab positive cleared and immune/negative not immune

most patients have no damage from cronic (chronic) hbv so you have to make a lot of tests in case cronic (chronic) to know if you have or not any damage:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153
but the doctor said my blood was test in the core, so it's possible that it's chronic. and im depressed :'(
hi gmi1994,

i am recovering from chronic hbv. confined for 12 days. were u hospitalized? i am on a strict low-protein diet right now and taking lamivudine ( zeffix) once a day as well as vitamin k.

you need to consult a gastroenterologist to know the exact condition. im sure they will have prescriptions for you.

my research tells me, we can hope to be immune from the virus but not free from it. to avoid alcohol and have a healthy diet to prevent further damage to our liver which can lead to cirrhosis and ultimately cancer.

it is depressing, i can tell. i was also tested for hiv. i was already imagining what my life is going to be if i were positive. thank God i was negative.

there is hope -- and i mean, that we can live with it. we eat healthy, seek physician's advise, take the medications, we will live.

change with tenofovir as soon as possible and consult with another doctor, lamivudine is not on guidelines ofr hbv
so i'm really a chronic, and my doctor said, i still don't need to test liver enzymes, until i get some symptoms, and what food should i avoid?