Hepatitis B Community
is this harmful 2me?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

is this harmful 2me?

i got my hbsag result....test value 2959.5...reactive.....s ds two high? can harm or even kill me?wht should i do 2 mke this lower...my alt result...24u/l...s ds normal?pls give me some advice....

the hbsag test you are doing is useless for hbv cronic (chronic) carriers, the number 2959.5 is not a quantity, as you can see it has no unit, itis just the reagent used for the test not hbsag

you need hbsag in iu/ml

alt 24 means no liver damage from the virus
what test i should undergo 2 knw the iu/ml of my hbsag?i got my hbv dna today the viral load is 15million ul/ml is this 2 high?if my liver s not affected wd the virus does it mean tht im gttng fine cs before my alt is 120...

you are perfectly healthy if hbvdna is so high and normal alt, it means you have no immune response to hbv and so no liver damage

hbv makes no damage to us it is our immune system which fails to clear to damage the liver, so you are perfectly healthy and just need to check ast/alt every 3 months, when you will find alt higher than 50 and lower hbvdna it means immune system is starting to make damage and only then you may consider treatment.

your status is called immune tollerant and can go on until 30yo and more, being immune tollerant is very very healthy so do not make any treatment now otherwise you may get to immune clearance nd just get liver damage
if my liver s not affected wd the virus does it mean tht im gttng fine cs before my alt is 120...

just be sure alt keeps less than 30 and hbvdna in the millions, thismeans immune tollerant and no damage
if im perfctly healthy base on my alt nd hvb dna result...am i cured from hepatitis b or i still have 8?

you are not cure of hbv it is just that hbv is not a virus tht makes damage to us, it is our immune system to make the damage, so if your immune system cant see hbv you are ok, but you are full of virus and more infectious than any other carrier

there are viruses that make damage to us directly and viruses that make no damage, hbv makes no damage until our immune system detects it
is there a way to lose the viral load in my body wd out taking any med?i wnt to be a healthy carrier,extend my life 4 long so i can stil wtch my children growing...
is there a way to lose the viral load in my body wd out taking any med?

you have to keep the high viral load becase it makes immune system blind and if immune system is blind it can damage your liver.your enemy now is your own immune system not hbv virus, as long as immune system is blind you will be ok, the virus itself is even beneficial because liver cells work better when infected by hbv with no immune response

i wnt to be a healthy carrier,extend my life 4 long so i can stil wtch my children growing...

you will as long as your immune system will stay blind, to lower hbv load you have to wake up your immune system and this will damage your liver

just worry about therapy when your immune system wakes up and start to kill your liver cells

Sorry for my ignorance about Hepb. what do you mean by keeping your virus load high because it will make your immune system blind?

are you saying that the more virus load you hav the better? I am just curious because I know someone dear to me with 1000 iu/ml with alt of 19.

i mean if you keep immune tollerance (no immune response) you will have highest hbvdna and hbsag but no liver daamge.the key to understand this is: the damage is made by immune system and not the virus, so as long as there is no immune response there is no damage and it is best to keep status like this with no interventions
If the immune response is what causes the liver damage and vit D enhances the immune system, why vit D is then recommended for hbvers?

vit d does not change the imune system response from chronic hbv to clearing the virus, it just improves the already exsisting immune response, it also prevents liver damage, cirrhosis and cancer

so the little it does is good and it has shown to be able to lower hbvdna and ast/alt