Hepatitis B Community
isolated anti hbc

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

isolated anti hbc

I applied to a health center for hepatitis b blood tests a year ago, they only checked for HBsag and antiHBs but not for anti HBc. And i had my vaccination done.Then i learned about the situation of having isolated anti hbc from the internet. i had another test a few days ago.Now the results are as follows;
HBsag negative, anti HBs Positive. Anti HBc Negative.
My question is:
1.is it possible i had the virus before and infected somebody else?
2.Or  Anti hbc isn't effected by the vaccination and was negative then too, and i never had the virus?

-No.

-Right.
thank you.