Hepatitis B Community
just got told on friday i may have HBV feeling so alone

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello everyone :) well I've never been on a forum before so I am really new to this. I got a call to say I may have hep B as my ex has tested positive and now when I look back I've been having symptoms for around a year my GP put it down to gallstones, I'm pretty much a wreck right now because I know I will test positive too, but holding it together for the sake of my two kids, I'm just looking some advice on how I should tell my family, I know my mom and sisters will disown me cause they're very narrow minded people but I need to tell them so they can get vaccinated, any help and advice is very much appreciated    
Tags: hep B
Dear Friends,

Believe me I understand you.. Eight months ago doctor told me that I am HBV patient and my wife was there (she was my girlfriend at that time)...

Generally HBV patients does not have symptoms. Even 99% of patients does not feel sick. So, you may not be HBV patient. You should go to hospital and test that if you are HBV patient.

If you are HBV patient, you will need additional test to see your current situation. No HBV is TOTALLY DIFFERENT in different patients. Most of patients are in the beginning. Some (like me) have advanced HBV. But I also feel very healthy. No any symptom.

Go and test

If you have some symptoms then may be you have cleared the virus itself in case of acute. But better is that you do Hep B Surface Antigen Test before anything. If it's -ve then smile and if it's positive then no need to worry because unless and until you are in advance stage you don't need to worry about.