Hepatitis B Community
just wana know..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

just wana know..

i was tested hbsag postive last january 2011 my result was 3.491 and this month  April it  became 2.6 cut off value is 105. what if it reach the cut off value? will it became non reactive?

you just have to make 2 tests:
hbcab igm and if positive you have had acute hbv which clears 98% times on adults, so you have nothing to worry (the 2% is impaired imune systems or suppressed immune systems)

now you just need to test fo hbsab titer ater 6 months from exposure in case of acute hbv

the hbsag you have done is a very old one and the number is not hbsag quantity, it is the chemical reagent of the test....so just recheck hbsab antibody titer

i suppose yur alt/ast are normal so you dont neeed to rush for these tests
my sgpt and sgot was 22.0 and my anti Hbs is non reactive.i will have my next test after two months to know if my count is still decreasing.i hope it will became negative soon. im so worried!

do not make this test anymore:
i was tested hbsag postive last january 2011 my result was 3.491

it is useless for cronic (chronic) hbv, the number as i told you is not hbsag.that test is only for acute hbv which clears hbsag within a couple of months.if you have it cronic (chronic) you need to see hbsag quantity and that test doesnt show hbsag quantity

actually that test must be trashed, it is too old and cannot make hbsag quant and cannot detect hbsag mutants, in case of mutants it goes negative but you still have hbsag

if abbott architect or roches quant are not available just check hbsab quant, hbvdna pcr and alt/ast

check hbcab igm and if available also as hbcab igm quantity in s/co unit so i can tell you the state of immune system and if cronic (chronic) or acute.after this we can see clearly if hbsag/hbsab is needed or if just hbvdna pcr and alt/ast are enough to monitor
here in the philippines that is the only test that they will give us. we cant find hbsag abbot architect. so wat else can we do.. my alt and ast are in normal . do u thnk chronic carriers has the chance to clear this? and what about antioxidant? is it really effective on hb carriers to eradicate it?

only hbsag quant can say how many infected liver we have in the liver, check if you can ship a blood sample somewhere else or the lab can do this

a member of the community said that in ghana all blood samples where sent to south africa for hbvdna pcr and hbsag quant

from what i see in the phillipins there are no good sensibility hbvdna pcr too so you should ask to send the samples to lans wher they can do the tests  otherwise it is almost impossible to managea therapy, it is just like giving drugs to all but having to idea if they are really making good or bad.

and what about antioxidant therapy (like heptech products) can make sure you dont develop fibrosis or regress it (of course also diet, weight must be healthy)

is it really effective on hb carriers to eradicate it?
there is nothing to eradicate hbv from a cronic (chronic) carrier as a general rule but if hbsag quant is low interferon or alinia or combo of interferon+etv or tnf+alinia can eradicate in more than 30% patients
but again it is not possible to mae these therapies without hbsag quant because you will not be able to know if you are responding