Hepatitis B Community
ketogenic diet

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

ketogenic diet

would a ketogenic diet help clear hbv?
http://www.sott.net/article/257631-On-viral-junk-DNA-a-DNA-enhancing-Ketogenic-diet-and-cometary-kicks
no, hbv controls our immune system and is not so stupid or weak to be influenced by a diet, unfortunately nothing can clear hbv infection but sequential treatment by tenofovir for 1-3 years and peginterferon add on after that (4-5 years total)

vitamin d can reduce its replication but only by supplements because vit d is lowered by hbv and sun exposure or normal dose supplements cannot incraese it

to reduce liver damage you need only raw fresh unprocessed foods with no chemicals whatsoever, low fat and lw meat, fish oils filtered for metals, useless on hbv but can keep liver regenerating and so without damage
just checked what a ketogenic diet is, this type of diet is extremely unhealthy and damages livers of any person hbver or not

The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet:
high fat damages the liver
adequate-protein is ok but from vegetable or little white meat, no red meat, no diaries
low-carbohydrate leads nowhere, it is processed and refined  carbohydrates to increase blood glucose which makes damage, so the problems is refined cereals not not carbohydrates
the answer is orgains-raw carbohydrates which still contain the fibers which block too fast glucose absorption, they must be bio because you have more poisons/pesticides on the surface of raw carbohydrates
Fatty liver is not good for liver, but strangely can be good to HBV clearance. There are some studies showing positive correlation with spontaneous hbv clearance and steatosis.

By the way is bio-milk and home made derivatives are safe to your opinion?  
So how is the best wat to clear the following
Hbeag neg
Hbeab pos
Hbsag 14000 iuml
Hbvdna 160iuml
Genotypea a
Alt 30
Fibroscan 7.0
Hcv neg
Hiv neg
Hdv neg
the effect of fatty liver on hbsag clearance is minimum, the effect is due to abnormal alt because of the liver damage made by fatty liver, this of course makes cccdna unstable because there is more cell turnover

but one thing is i have fatty liver and by chance i clear faster another thing is making fatty liver....it is like taking toxic drugs to rise alt so there is more liver damage, more cell turn over and by chance i may clear faster....by chance, not sure, but in the end i may just get cirrhosis or liver cancer by this....

i use very little milk there is too much s*** in milk and who knows how they are fed and which drugs are given.
animals not in the wild are immune suppressed because of stress and no sun so they are given a lot of antibiotics and hormons.......
Hbsag 14000 iuml
this is too high to respond to peginterferon monotherapy, i d go with tenofovir for 1-3years and then add peginterferon

the trials on this sequential treatment requires at least 12 months of hbvdna undetactable by tenofovir but this time may not enough to respond to peg

i myself kept more than 3 years of antivirals before adding peg and waited for hbsag to go down, i started with hbsag about 5000iu/ml, it picked to 7300iu/ml while on antivirals and now after 3 years it is going down to less than 3000iu/ml, so i suggest to do the same and when hbsag goes down after 3 years add peg

Ok sir thank you for advice
What level of hbsag would you add peg?
I understand genotype responds the best, but also has higher hbsag levels.
I agree with you re fatty liver,

But as for bio-milk, isn't it controled to be clean from chemicls? What is s****?
But as for bio-milk, isn't it controled to be clean from chemicls?

yes but i dont trust controllers 100% on milk so i dont know what brands might be clean

What is s****?
i mean milk is full of crap

many researchers in italy and i heard russia too decleared that diary products are not safe because of the food and drugs given to animals, and even if they are clean we drink too much milk in our diets.

i myself consume very little milk and lot of coffee at breakfast, very little local cheese which i know clean and about 150gr of bifidus yogurt
What level of hbsag would you add peg?

maximum hbsag clearance is when hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml, but we dont know the response for hbsag between 2000-10.000iu/ml on these combos because we had very few patients with these values.
i think it is best to add on peg after 3 years anyway and if hbsag has no decline by 24weeks on the combo you can stop and retry when hbsag is lower

I understand genotype responds the best

yes genotype A has the highest chances but out of this sequential treatment peginterferon has only about 7-11% hbsag clearance at best in 48weeks.
i am also genotype a
similar levels
my hbsag is 11200
hbvdna 55
i am taking nitazoxanide mono now and trying to get hbsag alot lower
i will try peg if i can get to a low enough level
i am waiting to see a new doctor and discuss
are u in uk
add on coffee may be useful for you as coffee is hepato protective according to researchers. 2-3 cups/day not more.
the reason i ask about ketogenic is because when your body relies on ketones instead of glucose i thought would be a good way to burn off fatty liver, it also means cancer cells cannot survive as the soley rely only on glucose but if you starve your body of glucose it can operate on ketones from fat. thus never letting a cancer grow
I drink ciconut milk. I have cut all dairy products. Feel much better too. You are absolutely right almost all the milk is contaminated with antibiotics. Here in the US especially where GMO's run wild.

Detoxing the bidy is always good to free up the immune system. But I agree if surface antigen is very high it cripples our immune system.

The  ND doctor I see though she feels that it is possible to clear hbv without drugs with ozone therapy and heavy detox regiment. Especially clearing the heavy metals and clearing the parasites from the gut.

Something what gcmaf  does. Attacking the virus this way buy  freeing up the immune system. But that is a theory though largely too.

We need Replicor folks. That is what we need.