liver damage at normal sgpt and sgot
I am hepatitis B carrier, HBsAg positive, HBeag negative, for so many years, my sgpt and sgot are always within normal values, what bothers me lately was that i feel dull pain in my liver area, bloated when i eat lots of fatty food and soda, and mild itch at night. Is it possible for liver damage or cirrhosis at normal values of sgpt and sgot, to anyone who can answer my concern, thanks in advance.
yes liver damage happens also in those with normal ast-alt, have a fibroscan and US to know
Thanks Steff for your answer, actually i already searching for that fibroscan its not available in hospitals in our place, i have to travel far away city. Anyway in your opinion, does my symptom relates to that of cirrhosis,( i've read from your previous post you are cirrhotic once) and  need imediate medication, just in case, i will go no matter what it cost.
this study is related to your question:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3755837/

anyway, even if liver damage can hapen in normal ALT/AST value and your describe symptom is not a indicator. this can hapent for diferent reason and for example pain in liver area are know in HBV people (even if doctor ignore them) and this pain is not related to liver damage.

you should regular check you ALT/AST and other liver panel and anauly search for a fibroscan (maybe a fibrotest annually if fibroscan looks good and fibroscan can be one at 2 year)

but all of this you should know from your doctor and your doctor should keep an eye on this
thanks for your advise 4est, im very happy to found this forum and people like you, most of people here are far knowlegeable than my doctor which dont even mind to ask me for fibroscan, their HBsAg test are not in iu/ml, just a pack of vitamins ( essentiale forte, godex) everytime i visit him.
i can tell for sure that if you switch to organic fresh food, especially vegetables, it wont happen

i once had those symthoms but i believe that food quality and type of diet is the main reason for feeling that way.

a fibroscan baseline value is needed anyway even if liver is supposed to be ok so you d better make this trip sooner or later
      My father has hepatitis b also, he is a farmer lives in a rural area, the foods are organics from his crop and native chicken and fish in the river, and water is from spring, most of the time he is under the sun working in the field,  he never go to doctor only once when he is very sick and jaundice and found out he is positive to hepa b, he is now 67 years old and in good health condition,... just wondering.

I live in the city far from them, where there is no restaurant offering organic foods, from now on, ill be cooking my own food, i'm heading for my fibroscan this weekend.
Hi to everyone!

The result of my ultrasound shows i have fatty liver and also cholelithiasis and or cholesterolosis, I feel  relieved the pain that I experiencing is cause by gallstone, at least not by HCC.

My doctor give me Lansoprazole, and I take it once a day in an empty stomach before breakfast.

I'm just received the result of my fibroscan through email. The result is 6.8 kPa and it falls within the gray zone, but it also noted that it may be indicative of intermediate fibrosis (Metavir F2-F3), why is that?

To anyone, any advice please.
Strange I think i Had 6.6 and I was F0-F1
Do you have fatty liver? what are your symptom right now, our value are quite close. and also, did you undego further test like liver biopsy to make sure that you are f0-f1.