Hepatitis B Community
looking for advice

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

looking for advice

2004-10 alt 140 (<40u/l is negtive), dna 1.5x10^5 copies/ml (6000 iu/ml, HbeAg 995 ci (<1 ci is neg), HbcAb 1850 inh% (<40 inh% is neg), Serum Cr. 92 (30-105umal/L)

I need advise, whether to change adv to strength the virus inhibiting ability, whether to add Oral Thymosin to boost immune ability and reduce HbsAg....

I sent my latest data to you by hotmail. pls check. also i met my doc who suggest me to take oral Thymosin.
Thinking thymosin has the same purpose of NTZ.  I need your advise.

how long are you on adv, hbvdna must be und on adv within 6 months otherwise you have mutated virus and must check mutations in order to see which antivirals is best although there is so  little left that works on adv resistance that the only choice is tenofovir+entecavir and eventually ntz which is active on all mutated hbv strins but little effective on hbe postive

Thymosin (can t compare to ntz, too weak and infefective), very little result on combo with interferon but don t even worth try.

you are also still hbe positive so amount of virus and cccdna is high, must combo tnf+etv+ntz and become hbvdna und best within 6 months

is this your situation now?
hbvdna 15000 copies/l, alt 26 iu/l, hbsag >6000 iu/ml, hbeag 995 ci, hbcab 1850 inh%, Cr. 92
if you are on adv long time you have worsen your condition very much, change doctor he doesn t know what he is doing.
Thymosin is just expensive and is already inefective with interferon ,mixing with nucs is absolutely just a rip off

hbsag >6000 iu/ml: what is the meaning of this?you need exact number not >6000iu/ml, plus this is not from abbott architet or they made mistakes in the test, abbott architet reaches 250iu/ml than you make diluitions to get exact numer.

hbcab 1850 inh%???? unit used for hbcab is s/co anyway quatitative is not important in your situation

my god i have seen your email you are lam and adv reistant going to complitely monotherapy failure and never reached hbvdna und, it was better not to meet any doctor in your life they have made the worst thing ever and suggestion of thimosin is complitely wrong, i don t belive they are doctors

cheking for mutations is useless now you have all since you never reached hbvdna und from 2004 and made monotherapy of the worst drugs, your only choice is:
ntz+interferon both active on all mutated types of hbv, good choice even if sides can be bad since you will know if it works in 12weeks after 1-2 years of interferon
tenofovir+ntz

entecavir is not safe anymore since lam mutations make also etv mutations but also tenofovir might be reduced since you have adv resistance that's why i suggest to start with interferon+ntz this should lower hbvdna to und or very low so when you will start tenofovir it will be more effective

your first goal now is hbvdna undetactable, do not worry of all the rest since lam and adv mutations are usually more dangerous for cancer development so it is better you are hbvdna und first of all

also do not start adv all at once keep adv+interferon+ntz and stop adv when you see that hbdna is und.
stopping adv all at once might give a alt/hbvdna flare from the wild type virus that now is more suppressed by adv while the muatnts are replicating at hbvdna 15000

look also for a good lab it is not possible to monitor treatment with hbvdna sensitivity to 1000copies/ml, the assays now can detect not 100% even 1iu/ml and almost 100% 10-20iu/ml.1000copies/ml is too high it is not possible to know if therapy is working at this high number
is this your situation now?
---Yes. I take Adv since 2006-3 since last time LAM seems not working well. Thymosin is oral medicine as the doctor suggest.

hbsag >6000 iu/ml: what is the meaning of this? you need exact number not >6000iu/ml, plus this is not from abbott architet or they made mistakes in the test, abbott architet reaches 250iu/ml than you make diluitions to get exact numer.

---Don't know what they can not get exact number for me.

--- it seems my hbvdna has not declined enough, so hbsag quantitative is useless.

you'd better find real doctors the ones you have seen until now are only making damage because they don t even have the minimum knowledge of hbv and hbv drugs, thimosin is not even considered a hbv drug since inefective, there have been several studies i followed between 2000-2005 on it but it just doesn t work on hbv