Hepatitis B Community
medicine verification

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

medicine verification

I'm hepatitis B carrier. My doctor advice me to take Injection of  TASPIANCE 180 MG (EMCURE PHARMA), for 52 weeks ( one Injection per week). Its very costly affair for me. But still I want to know that is there any substitute for same ? Suppose if I take this Injection than, is there any guarantee that I will be cure ??? If any one,  is taking this medicine please inform me. I want to know the  after- effect of the same .
HI PramodUpadhyaya

Wait, Wait and wait.

What is your
HBsAg in Quantitative
HBV DNA
Fibroscan
Vit D

I Took TASPIANCE 180 MG without knowing my HBsAg Basline and it was of any help. So before you go for TASPIANCE you need to know what is your HBsAg in Quantitative baseline. Just be careful before you jump into anything as many Dr. are just arrogant as they their Title is. Stef2011 may help you but before anything do theTest  i have mention above to help you batter.

Hope this help
JR  
hbsag quantity in iu/ml (abbott architect or elecsys roches machines only, no other machines can test quantitative)
fibroscan
hbv genotype
hbeag/hbeab
liver function

This Medicine is know as peginterferon alfa-2a and has a lot of side effect. Dr Lalpath labs has has all this test.

JR
Thanks for your reply.

I'm treated at one of the highest institute of India- ILBS, New Delhi.

HBsAG :134.29 , IU/  ml

HBV DNA  ( Quantitative) : Method Real Time PCR, Result :76.4 IU/ml , Instrument : Cobas Taqman48

Fibroscan :

CAP (DB/m)        ------    E (kpa)

Median : 311  ---- 4.6
IQR* : 14  ----- 0.9
IQR*/Med:  5% -----  20%

what is VIT D ???. I have done all the related test for this disease already and it is declared since 2007, that I am a carrier and not taken any medicine till now. This testing results are of last month( March-2014).

Please see and advice.
I Think peginterferon alfa-2a will work on you as the HBsAG in low but please asked Stef2011 for his opinion. Vit D test is to see the level of Vit D in your body, if you have optimum level of Vit D you will have less side effect and will respond well to TASPIANCE if you plan to take peginterferon alfa-2a. Its Costly but i think you should try.

Regards
JR
Your doctor is on right track .please check your vitamin d levels since it increases your response to peg. Would you mind letting me know who is your doctor at ILBS
Dr  Manoj Kumar. Earlier I was treated by Mr SK Sarin. But he is out of reach now-a-days. Its very difficult to get his appointment. we have to wait minimum 3-4 months. Finally I meet Dr. Manoj Kumar. So I'm not satisfied with his prescribed . I want second opinion on this.
Hi Please see the above details and suggest me.