Hepatitis B Community
milk thistle

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

milk thistle

Is it ok to use milk thistle tablets when takin Lamuduvine + Adevior?
It might not be.  Try posting this question at Hep C board...they  have a lot of experience with treatment.
The tricky thing is after taking milk thistle, many pts reported drop in ALT. If you need to monitor your liver biodata after antiviral medication, that might confuse you.
I really don't know the answer.  I think most people just have personal preferences in terms of taking sups while in treatment.  I am very cautious on sups while on treatment because it's another variable.  I even stopped taking vitamins.    But that's me.

Peteshine:  you asked about my background info.  I have a little write-up in my profile.  Also mind to share, why your MD chose LAM and ADV for you?  Also when you were on Peg-interferon, what were your DNA numbers like.  You are like the 2nd person from Europe that did Peg-interferon first...that's interested.  That strategy is not common here in the States.
There's been some activity on the Hep B email list re: this topic and the consensus seems to be that MT will NOT interfere with the antivirals.