mr
pls this is my worry can i get marry if i am a positive hep.B. pls help me.and also how long can one leave with the disease.thanks
yes, you can get marry even if you have a hep B. Hep B is not a sexually transmitted disease per se (it is transmitted sexually if both are same sex)... what is important in hep b is that dont share you personal thing such as toothbrush, razor, nail cleaning materials... if you are a female you infrm your doctor that you are positive so that after you gave birth 2 shots of vaccine will be injected to ur bbby within 6hours....

How long can you live?

a hepa B positive can live more as long as you avoid meat, herbal medicine or fatty foods.. Are you from the philippines?? i know a doctor in cebu who is really a good one...
Hep B is a sexual transmitted disease, including those between  male/female.

Hepatitis B can be managed very effectively with existing treatments. So in my opinion, hbvers can live a normal lifespan.
ds is liezel_83, i ws able to recoverd this account hence i will be using this account for good

i beg to disagree sir... i can attest to that.. it became clearer only aftr i consulted a doctr a few weeks ago... my husband is a carrier of hepa b (infected through his mom)... my husband knew his illness way back in 2007, we got married 2008 and i discovered his illness jst a year ago... at that time i was on denial stage such that i did nt have myself checked until a few weeks ago and the result was "non reactive" and so with my 2 kids...

i come to know that it is know the said disease really well bec of that doctor..
I am happy that you were not infected. However, you may like to check your HBcAb to see whether you were infected in the past but made a full recovery.
HBV is classified as a sexually transmissible disease by all the health authorities in the world. There are plenty of patients who can attest to that fact.
I would strongly suggest that you and your children get vaccinated.
yes had that lab test also as it was included in the doctor's request and as what my doctor explained i have nt acquired it.... you can refer it to current research about hepa b...
I think the health organizations have enough evidence to support their claim that Hepatitis B is a STD. If you disagree, you can take your case to WHO or CDC.