mr
pls this is my worry can i get marry if i am a positive hep.B. pls help me.and also how long can one leave with the disease.thanks
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
yes, you can get marry even if you have a hep B. Hep B is not a sexually transmitted disease per se (it is transmitted sexually if both are same sex)... what is important in hep b is that dont share you personal thing such as toothbrush, razor, nail cleaning materials... if you are a female you infrm your doctor that you are positive so that after you gave birth 2 shots of vaccine will be injected to ur bbby within 6hours....

How long can you live?

a hepa B positive can live more as long as you avoid meat, herbal medicine or fatty foods.. Are you from the philippines?? i know a doctor in cebu who is really a good one...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hep B is a sexual transmitted disease, including those between  male/female.

Hepatitis B can be managed very effectively with existing treatments. So in my opinion, hbvers can live a normal lifespan.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
ds is liezel_83, i ws able to recoverd this account hence i will be using this account for good

i beg to disagree sir... i can attest to that.. it became clearer only aftr i consulted a doctr a few weeks ago... my husband is a carrier of hepa b (infected through his mom)... my husband knew his illness way back in 2007, we got married 2008 and i discovered his illness jst a year ago... at that time i was on denial stage such that i did nt have myself checked until a few weeks ago and the result was "non reactive" and so with my 2 kids...

i come to know that it is know the said disease really well bec of that doctor..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am happy that you were not infected. However, you may like to check your HBcAb to see whether you were infected in the past but made a full recovery.
HBV is classified as a sexually transmissible disease by all the health authorities in the world. There are plenty of patients who can attest to that fact.
I would strongly suggest that you and your children get vaccinated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
yes had that lab test also as it was included in the doctor's request and as what my doctor explained i have nt acquired it.... you can refer it to current research about hepa b...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I think the health organizations have enough evidence to support their claim that Hepatitis B is a STD. If you disagree, you can take your case to WHO or CDC.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
mr
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
Top Hepatitis Answerers
Blank