Hepatitis B Community
my HBsag is reactive but my HBsab is non reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

well i had my physical examination with my Hepa B and the doctor told me that i had a reactive HBsag but my HBsab is non reactive so is it possible that if i had established my antibody and make it reactive do it have a possible outcome to eradicate the reactive HBsag? my doctor told me that i need to consult a gastrointrologist for further test because they wanna know if they need to raise the antibody to cure the reactive antigen?
Have a second test 6 months from the physical exam test.  If you are still HBsAg positive then you have chronic HepB.  If your HBsAg becomes negative then you are cleared.

Best.
Hi what is a HBsag
and what is a HBsab
what is the difference for hepatitis test
Positive HBsag indicates presence of the HBV virus.

Positive HBsab indicates you are immune against the virus.

Best.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Okay, My question is if you get a Vaccine from Hep B Is there any way you can get the virus from the vaccine and then your Hssab will show that your immune to the virus? Is that correct?
>>>Is that correct?

No.  You don't get HBV from vaccination.  If you have anti-HBs, you are immune.
I just want to ask what do u mean by HbSag reactive? im curious with it?
HbSag reactive

=presence of HBV.
nakakahawa ba ang hbs ag reactive
what should i take to clear my hbsag reactive