Hepatitis B Community
my result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

my result

hi,this is the result of my hepa b profile
                  patient's result     cut off value      

HBsAg       3.269                      0.105
Anti-HBs   0.029                      0.105
HbeAg      0.323                       0.105
Anti-HBc IgG 0.021                  0.434
Anti-HBc IgM 0.183                 0.105

is that acute or chronic?thanks

i forgot the Anti Hbe patient's result:2.680
cut off value:0.816
It would be easier if you just tell us the results, positive(reactive) or negative(non-reactive) as stated in your lab report. The cut off values are not useful because some result is positive if greater than the cut-off, but is negative if greater than the cut-off too. Also the lab report should give you an interpretation in plain language.
hbsag      reactive
anti-hbs   non-reactive
hbeAg     reactive
anti-Hbe non-reactive
anti-hbc igG reactive
anti-hbc igm reactive
Thank you for the clarification. Your results are consistent for acute HBV infection since your anti-hbv IGG is reactive. You should repeat the test after 6 months to be sure.
A typing mistake. I should say: "Your results are consistent for acute HBV infection since your anti-hbv IGM is reactive"
if the IgM become non-reactive it means chronic? thanks
No. Generally, in 6 - 9 months time if you still test positive for HBsAg then your infection become a chronic Hepatitis B infection. For an adult who is acute, but fails to recover and become chronic, the chance is < 5%.
i just read this now,attached with the results
diagnosis: chronic hbv infection with high replication.
its so sad i thought i was just an acute..this hepa profile from the clinic referred to me by the agency to work abroad,i didn't consult a doctor yet..
So, your  HBcAb Igm was in fact negative? Do consult a doctor who specialized in HBV.
From the original data list it appears that his anti Hbc IGM is actually negative. The mistake is in the verbal list posted.

Antibodies are tested by binding the tested antigen, like the core particle, to a plastic well bottom. Then the patient serum is placed in the well and will bind to many or all cores on the well bottom. The labelled antibody conjugated with a color producing enzyme is then placed next. If the binding sites on the HBV cores are occupied by the patient serum, little or no color will be produced in the color forming reaction. Thus low optical density values mean a positive test and high ones a neg test.
Thank you for that explanation.

I think the report was clear, maybe he just wanted a second opinion, in a round about way.
i read again the result that my anti-hbc IgM is reactive..u mean with the result of patient's count 0.183  cut-off value  0.105 its a NEGATIVE?
maybe i really need a doctor,i am now confused..i don't understand why they stated in my result that my anti-hbc IgM is reactive if it is a negative..