Hepatitis B Community
newly diagnosed help..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

newly diagnosed help..

I just found out I have hep b...I was in a car accident in november 20101 and experiencing blood during urination...I went to the hospital and test revealed my liver levels were off the charts at 441/977.I had bloodwork done 3 months earlier  in august 2010 and it was 38/64 which I know still is a little high. A month later they were still elevated at 210/393.The specialist said it was most likely a result of the accident as my levels were dropping ...I just had another test done and suggested that i test for hepaitits as well and my levels are still high at 233/299 and the following information came back..

Hep B COre ab,igm postive
HBsag screen postive abnormal..

My regular Dr couldnt tell me a whole lot and I wont see the specialist until the end of July..

Any insight or idea of what I should expect? Ive been reading some stuff but dont know what to make of it.Should my immune system have cleared me of the hep b or should my levels be back to normal after 6 months.Im scared and feel like my life is over..

you will clear the virus more easily than flu, you should know that adults clear hbv in 98% cases, the remaining have immune system damaged by drugs or other diseases usually

Hep B COre ab,igm postive
this means you have acute hbv and will clear by 6 months

also be aware that hbv makes no damage itself, it is the immune system to make the damage and on cronic (chronic) hbv it takes a whole life usually.acute hbv makes no damge to the liver dispite the high alt numbers reached this generates no liver fibrosis

I dont understand how I could have gotten it within the last six month or so for it to be postive in that case..I was thinking maybe ive had it for a long time or when I was little and never knew. So is that to say  if I had the test a couple weeks ago and still  havent gotten rid of it in 6 months  I have another disease..I dont do any type of drugs
see above..or anyone?