newly diagnosed help..
I just found out I have hep b...I was in a car accident in november 20101 and experiencing blood during urination...I went to the hospital and test revealed my liver levels were off the charts at 441/977.I had bloodwork done 3 months earlier  in august 2010 and it was 38/64 which I know still is a little high. A month later they were still elevated at 210/393.The specialist said it was most likely a result of the accident as my levels were dropping ...I just had another test done and suggested that i test for hepaitits as well and my levels are still high at 233/299 and the following information came back..

Hep B COre ab,igm postive
HBsag screen postive abnormal..

My regular Dr couldnt tell me a whole lot and I wont see the specialist until the end of July..

Any insight or idea of what I should expect? Ive been reading some stuff but dont know what to make of it.Should my immune system have cleared me of the hep b or should my levels be back to normal after 6 months.Im scared and feel like my life is over..

you will clear the virus more easily than flu, you should know that adults clear hbv in 98% cases, the remaining have immune system damaged by drugs or other diseases usually

Hep B COre ab,igm postive
this means you have acute hbv and will clear by 6 months

also be aware that hbv makes no damage itself, it is the immune system to make the damage and on cronic hbv it takes a whole life usually.acute hbv makes no damge to the liver dispite the high alt numbers reached this generates no liver fibrosis

I dont understand how I could have gotten it within the last six month or so for it to be postive in that case..I was thinking maybe ive had it for a long time or when I was little and never knew. So is that to say  if I had the test a couple weeks ago and still  havent gotten rid of it in 6 months  I have another disease..I dont do any type of drugs
see above..or anyone?