news from researchers interferon+tdf or etv clears hbv in almost all patients 96weeks

i talked about the poster about interferon+nucs to researchers, they know already that hbv is cured and cleared by this combo on most patients since this combinations can be done freely by doctors and are already done, so the experience is very clear now that this is the "hbv cure"

they just didn t pubblish these results because they are totally use less to push all guideline and drugs makers to use this as the standard of care, what is needed are big trials with thousands of patients and this is starting in europe ina few months

of course i will start this in a few months too, the trial will be interferon+tenofovir
so we can expect at a increase of the reports for INF + NUC combo in the next period.

I suppose that the guidelines will be modify in future for using a combo and also for more peronal treatament (when to use a combo - maybe based on the qHBsAg, what combo to be used - based on the mutation tests .... )
The heavy side effects of interferon still exist though right? There isn't another version at the moment?
Great News! I'll start tdf and alinia very soon, in January 2012. And will add peg-inf later. No doctors know about this in my region but I'll persuade them to do it. Otherwise I'll do it anyway by myself.

many have no sides at all and clearing hbv or getting to very very low hbsag worths all sides
i was not a fan of interferon at all because responders were a miserable 7-10% per year but now that we see it at 40% in one year it is all another story
Good News ..
96 weeks = two years ..

Very long period ..

I hope Allah will give us a CURE soon ..

Thanks Allah ..
Stef, and news yet on this study? Do you know if still ongoing?
I think the study is in phase 4,and is ongoing,and all over the world. brows google and write it down:clinical trials.gov. there search for clinical nr: NCT01277601, primary and secondary outcome is hbsag loss. Completion of studies is by september 2015. But who want to do that is free to do. That's all i know.
that study is close to be finished, the pegintf add on period is finished they are now monitoring response off peg and on nuc mono for the 3 who did not clear

i made a recent post with the updated results of this study

what about the Replicor Study??
Only 3 didn't clear? Out of how many?

Are you still as encouraged as you were in 2011?
it was one of the first small trials of 10 patients, now there are bigger trials but at least in italy it is routine from years

no trials really needed, after all they are all approved drugs and you can combine as you like
Hi, Stef
     Generally according to some doctors comments, IFN shall be applied when your ALT is abnormal, because as ALT is raising, the immunological system is more reative, more higher ALT is, more reactive immune is, so more effective IFN is. But refer to this therapy, after a few years TDF, ALT and HBV DNA are supposed to be normal and UND, does IFN adding on here make sense? Is there any sign when shall add on IFN during so long a TDF therapy?
no alt was from a decade ago studies, wrong! very little effect on prediction of hbsag clearance, for example alt are normal on those clearing hbsag on combo

high alt is a wrong immune system response, the best immune response is without infected cell killing but with purging cccdna from infected cells

the prediction of pegintf response is only from low hbsag less than 1000iu/ml and hbvdna und or low, not from alt

immune system activaity can be seen from hbcab igm quantitative more than alt, but again all useless parameters if hbsag is high

Can I firstly apply Pegintf, if don't have a good response, skip and use NUCs, and then after a few years retry Pegintf according to this TDF+IFN therapy? Does the first application of IFN impact on the effect of IFN retry?
Can I firstly apply Pegintf, if don't have a good response, skip and use NUCs, and then after a few years retry Pegintf according to this TDF+IFN therapy?

of course this is what updated researchers/doctors do, remember pegintf sides can be heavier mono and less on sequential

Does the first application of IFN impact on the effect of IFN retry?

yes and no, if you never had any response no while if you had partial response at first try the second try will probably finish the job.the second try will probably start with lower hbsag
Oh, I mean if I ever used IFN before and didn't get a very good result, a few years later, I try again, will the first use of IFN make any negative effect? Or let's say, will the first use make any bad impact on the retry?
no negative effect, only good impact.pegintf has no resistance
Thank you so much dude!