nucs peg add on combo with 100% response and 91% hbsag loss
this was posted already but it is better to enhance this data for all members and for all readers and keep this thread up all the time and separated

baseline hbsag<1000iu/ml has 100% response and 91% hbsag loss

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2014-04-optimal-combination-therapy-chronic-hepatitis.html
91% clearance and 100% response in lowering hbsag was in sequential treatment with hbsag less than 1000iu/ml

no data about peginterferon mono, we only know response is highest.

there was a study on hbvdna und inactive carriers long time ago at a easl conference, they did not check hbsag quantity at that time but it was probably less than 1000iu/ml.response for 48weeks was 30%, i dont remember if 30% clearance was within 48weeks or 5years follow up
Yeah but I think the 91% was for eag positive isn't ? Also with my low hbsag And Hbv DNA around 40000 iu from your opinion how long will it take me to clear hbsag on mono therapy such as peginterfron as I never took any medicine in the past. My appointment is this Wednesday I'm just preparing my questions to the doctor just in case she ask me to take viread only
Does interferon or Viread contaiin strawberry extract?
hbvdna is not so low so i d try pegintf mono for 24 weeks if no big hbsag and hbvdna decline i d go for tdf and then pegintf add on in 1 year.i think that with peg you have to try and see then correct according hbsag levels

ask the doctor for the personalized hbv treatment according hbsag levels that most expert researchers/liver specialists are applying in italy
So within this 24 weeks of peginterfron is there a high or low chance to get hbv DNA undetectable and possible high drop of hbsag given the fact I'm genotype D?
there are rules for stopping peg for non response, for genotype D it is best to wait until 24 weeks instead of 12 weeks.

if no hbsag decline by 24 weeks switch to tdf, hbvdna is of little to no help because you can have rise of hbsag and hbvdna und, i am not sure but less than 2log drop of hbvdna is no response
Stef, is Genotype D the most difficult Genotype to "cure" with this combination?
i posted this already in this same thread, genotypes have no influence in sequential, sequential restore immune system t-cells and so the hbv is gone whatever it is the genotype
t cell recovery and possible clearance by immune therapies is all thanks to nucs use for 5 to 10 years.so use of nucs is the base of hbv cure
ok great lets all take nucs for 10 years and hope our hbsag level is below 1000iu/ml then hope peg can clear our hbsag..... great stef2011....   tell me if this is so great then why have you not put it into use? post your results of this cure you speak of and we can all believe........

this is spam...... if this worked we would all be on it.....

false hope.............. stef2011 also posted alinia was the cure....... did that work for anybody? cure to make hbsag positive to negative was your words..... stop misleading people with your theories
nucs do not reduce hbsag in the majoritory and many people are above 1000 iu/ml so how can this work?

if nucs could reduce hbsag so much then why the peg add on?

POST YOUR RESULTS FOR PROOF UNTIL THEN STOP SPAMMING

chronic hep b is currently uncurable, sorry folks.

some people may be lucky and clear on peg/nucs but most will not.

In patients with baseline HBsAg< 1000 IU/ml, 100% patients achieved complete response and 91% patients achieved HBsAg loss

IN THOSE PATIENTS

how many had hbsag less than 1000? what was hbsag before starting nucs?

what is your hbsag level? how long have you been on nucs?

I am in no position to speak about the treatment of hepatitis but have in mind that at least in my country until last year they treated hepatitis b just to achieve undetectable  hbvdna, they just started to watch hbsag quant .if nucs can lower hbsag, in a few years it is logic that this can be possible after many years to achieve seroconversion. I didnt seen official trials on this but speaking of this, stef, do you have some links on this ? Let's hope that replicor  will manage to get to the market their arc vaccine in the next years
Me, you and Steff are not scientists, nor researchers. This is said because of study done by researchers.

Professor Cihan Yurdaydin from the Department of Gastroenterology, University of Ankara, Turkey, have conducted this study and had presented on liver conference 2014
192 patients who had received at least two years treatment with NUCs without achieving HBeAg loss or seroconversion were treated with 48-week combination therapy with additional Peg-IFN to on-going NUCs or NUCs monotherapy.

Out of this population, 83 patients were treated with combination therapy and 109 patients were treated with NUCs monotherapy. All patients were followed for a further 24 weeks and the HBsAg level was measured both during treatment and post-treatment.
http://virtualpressoffice.easl.eu/three-new-studies-help-clarify-optimal-use-of-combination-therapy-in-chronic-hepatitis-b-patients/

Where is your prof that mostly do not reduce hbsag on nucs? I think that Steff is not misleading anybody, but thanks to him we know much more about hep B. Personally I would thank him,for taking his time to response to everybody,advising them for what he has done through his experience,bringing latest news from pisa's researchers and what is reading from internet. If you have prof for your saying you are very welcome as well.
We are adults here and have brains so nobody will force us to do something we don't want to do. Either way if Stef was right or Wrong we do appreciate taking his time to responde like mer971 said
up
I have been following this forum for a long time, I am one of the so many here who benefited from stef2011's contributions. Many thanks are due to you stef and others who provide helpful info

thanks.

my main point is discussion that helps patients now with the cures we have available now, with such high cure rates reported we need to focus on these sequential therapies and also look in to possible improvement of response from 91 to 99%

we just need to apply this and confirm in our daily clinical experiences
i am a mom, i am new in your community..my son supposed to be in ksa now but due to his finding that he has a mild fibrosis and doctor told him to take entegard 5mg daily...i don't know more of this virus. please help educate especially the treatment, its a very great help for me to read your reply.

worried mom...
please open a new post because this is of topic here with all tests hbsag quantitative in iu/ml, hbvdna, hbeag, hbv genotype, liver function and fibroscan

without those tests the infection status is not known, anyway entegard which i guess is generic entecavir is ok if there is liver damage and active infection
Hi! doctor gave prescription of entecavir 0.5mg/tab

What do you mean by mild fibrosis?

manerissa

My son is still working with 4 shifting is it ok for him to work. Not a call center but trouble shooting and networking at the same time...
Mild fibrosis mean little damage in the liver. And yes he can work and he should have no issue with that. Like Stef said open a new post and you will have all your answers there.
anyway studies are Peer-reviewed so these are the results end of story and our members are showing similar results with all nucs users over 5 years clearing or so low hbsag to clear soon

if he wants to say they are different he has to set up sequential combo studies and show they are different...
up
who has cleared using this method?
hello anybody on forum who is cure from this way can you post result labs? thank
First of all, this method is brought from doctors at international liver meeting, with their research done with their real patients, google it. second you must read old posts to see who they are,because they are not coming back here anymore
name 1 for me, i only ask because i read many posts, i see people have used nucs, or peg, but anybody who had done the same as the study i only ask, you think i do not look at google?
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hep.27480/full

many studys i look at never show 91% loss rate.
Just browse back old posts, about 10 members and dont bother other members.if you are here to help welcome, if uou are here to bother back off where you came from
See answers to hatehepb (you are adding nothing useful or new to this post), all your answers are here already by many old memebers
The study you posted has nothing to do with this treats and its studies.

this is sequential combo after 5-7 years of nucs and pegintf add on and not 48weeks but personalised on response of hbsag, also add is when hbsag less than 1000iu/ml

these are not simple combination studies at all because they fail, there is no cd8 rescue by pegintf plus nucs simple combo
i apolagise i did not meed to be distruptive here.

Dear steff,

I would like to  here your recent hbsag level and Vitamin D3 level.
baseline august 2013 2900iu/ml

december 2014
hbsag around 699iu/ml (still moving), vitd25oh probably around 2000ng/ml (not checking this anymore because not reliable on vit d deficiency for me but checking pth/calcium), pth 8-14pg/ml (10-72), calcium 9.8 mg/dl (8.1-10.4)), urine calcium 141mg/24h (50-400)
Congratulation Steff! Hbsag 699iu/ml it is good. Why You don't try interferon?
i will report everything as i reach final results of the combination and doses will be clear
of course pegintf was part of these results even if hbsag was much higher than 1000iu/ml
Are You now on combo treatment (viread+interferon)?
as per my knowledge you are not on pegintff last year,
when you start pegintff at what level of hbsag and what is your vitamin d3 level last year I think it is above 50 what is know.
i will post as therapy is finished and doses are clear

it is me to know my therapy, not you
Good luck man! Finger crossed
thanks
waw very impressing mio amico, auguri , I can't wait to see your happiness on your face
this is awesome Stef.
Thanks for bumping this thread up, otherwise i wouldn't haven't read it.
Consider this a free bump, Stef!

I talked with my doctor today regarding this add on combo, and he was actually very open to discussion.

He told me that they tried this combo on 20 patients and the success rate was not as good as they had hoped. They said out of the 20 patients, 2 cleared the virus.... both of them were of Genotype A.

He said that if I was Genotype A, he would suggest trying it after a few years on NUCs but in the meantime, he does not feel it would cure me but could "help" and admitted that this combo therapy is not the answer they were looking for... they were looking for an actual quick CURE combination drug like the Hep C drug that had come out.

I found it interesting that he was open to discussion. On top of this, he was VERY intrigued by the latest news from the drugs in clinical trials we have been posting because he wanted to learn more about them and what his office could do with them, if at all possible.

I'm glad I found a doctor who is willing to listen and not give a bias opinion and just throw drugs at me and tell me to be on my way!
Unfortunatelly not many doctors are interested in learning new stuff after many years of work.

luckyman316 it would be great if he would participate in the forum too.

there is zero drugs available at all now and this will be so for many years

only pegintf add on when hbsag is less than 1500iu/ml after 5 years on tdf or etv is available now (and free in many euro countries which is not bad), with this sequential the result is not 2 on 20patients and genotype is irrelavant, that is the statistics of studies on simple peg plus nuc combos

all the rest is just talk, post the trial published on sceintific journal otherwise what you say i am sorry is zero value and does not help anyone.

i posted studies here or my own result on sequential even with high hbsag, please avoid the talk and a doctor's talk is also zero values with all the dumbs around in hepatology if there is not a published study

there is another hbv community for doctors, here is for researchers or patients
i myself could get hbsag loss easily and fast with hbsag less than 600iu/ml by simply restarting pegintf over 48weeks till hbsag loss

but maybe i will get there slowly anyway by tdf mono, once hbsag is much less than 1000iu/ml the risks of hcc and liver damage are almost the same as for hbsag loss so no rush
Nice post Steff, reading posts on this community gives strength to keep on fighting and not lose hope. I used to think what if my peg therapy fails? But now I think there still will b way ahead. Although after my peg session I will stop all combo drugs like ntz artesunate and ayurved but continue only tdf and live happily hoping some of u will give some news about the latest curing drug.
Just adding my hbsag as this post wants, it was 6840iu/ml 8weeks back. Will check at 12 weeks and upload here.