Hepatitis B Community
"paris hepatitis conference 2014"

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

"paris hepatitis conference 2014"

interesting conference, "paris hepatitis conference 2014"

http://www.aphc.info/videos.php

http://www.aphc.info/materials.php
Acc to conference materials: Result of hbsag  10 iu/ml leads to hbsag clearance only in 2% !!! Why  in the world people conducting the trial did not extend theraphy and go beyond 48 weeks to cure these people?  Why is it always about 48 weeks even if such promising low titer is achieved?
Acc to conference materials: Result of hbsag  10 iu/ml leads to hbsag clearance only in 2% if INF also stopped !!! Why  in the world people conducting the trial did not extend theraphy and go beyond 48 weeks to cure these people?  Why is it always about 48 weeks even if such promising low titer is achieved?

in italy they do extend in normal clinical practice, it is the doctor's choice.

they should change guidelines since it is clear that pegintf stop depends only on hbsag response or sides effects but it is also clear that they are afraid of costs.....we will see such big changes when all these stupid patents go where they belong, the trash
Thanks for the links. More time devoted to HCV, don't blame them, maybe next year conference will be just on HBV.
The HBV part of the conference seems to be subdued, no new treatment protocol for a cure, and no new drug development. I am disappointed to read that IFN lambda seems to be inferior to IFN alpha for HBeAg+ patients. Did I read that wrong? I always assume lambda was slightly better?!
these trials are normally conducted with an approved protocol. In this case the effect of the standard 48weeks of ifn was to be tested.

The flexibility to adjust the protocol is not typically included. The trial would have had to be designed this way. I agree that this is not the best  method to optimize the effects of ifn therapy.
i am unable to find the 2012 AASLD  ifn lambda HBV eAg pos presentation, that Jake Liang is referring to. This could mean that BMS will halt the entire development of ifn lambda, since the HCV market for interferon is likely to shrink dramatically in the near future.

it would be important to see the actual data on this. Jake placed the message in RED , that should mean it was pretty inferior.
Just going through it now. Well said Steff "the trash" lol

Just a quick question was there any mention of REP9AC'?
no mention of rep9ac
Hi Studyforhope thanks for the response..
Its a shame sad and surprises me in the same token that never got mentioned..
I hope you had the chance to watch the video of the presentation by Jake Liang. I  think the results of the trial of HBeAg+ patients comparing IFN alpha and lambda have not been published (that is why you cannot find it). But he said the result that alpha is inferior is well known through the grape vine. And he offered a very good explanation too.
He is not very excited by therapeutic vaccines, but is encouraged by the result of GS9620.