Hepatitis B Community
pegintf response 100%according to hbsag level baseline per genotype
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pegintf response 100%according to hbsag level baseline per genotype

http://www.clinicalhbv.it/items/01/abstract/1470.html

RESPONSE TO PEGINTERFERON ALFA-2A IN HBeAg NEGATIVE CHB: BASELINE AND ON-TREATMENT KINETICS OF HBsAg SERUM LEVELS VARY ACCORDING TO HBV GENOTYPE

see full poster and charts in the link

In genotype A, 100% (3/3) of responders had HBsAg≤400 IU/mL vs 10% (1/10) of NR/relapsers. In genotype B, 100% (7/7) of responders had HBsAg≤50 IU/mL vs 14% (8/57) of NR/relapsers. In genotype C, 41% (11/27) of responders had HBsAg≤50 IU/mL vs 6% (4/64) of NR/relapsers. In genotype D, 60% (6/10) of responders had HBsAg≤1000 IU/mL vs 9.5% (2/21) of NR/relapsers.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
This is an abstract from the article i sent you a while ago.
Blank
yes i ve seen so many of them i dont know if we had it posted already on here.....

Blank
This paper showed there is still much to be learned about qHBsAg kinematics. A good comment on the paper can be found here:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/808884

"The key message for clinicians is that ... it is mandatory to know the HBV genotype" in patients undergoing pegIFN treatment," Dr. Maurizia Brunetto of Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana in Pisa, Italy, told Reuters Health by email.

Dr. Brunetto's group found that genotype significantly influences hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) levels before and during peginterferon treatment, and it also influences end-of-treatment HBsAg levels that are associated with long term virological response.
Blank
Is there any open trial that i can participate on for HBSag less than 200 ui/ml   Genotype D or better wait until i got good level of vit D to confirm if this latter could be the answer to HBSag seroconversion for people wigh very low HBSag.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...