Hepatitis B Community
please convert MIU/ML into IU/ML

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

please convert MIU/ML into IU/ML

My family HBsab value are son is 2.9 MIU/ML, daughter 9.5 MIU/ML and my wife is 1000 MUI/ML( indian labs) requested to convert the values from MIU?ML into IU/ML ( They all previously hbsag(screening negetive) My child got receivied vaccine after their birth.  But wife got receivied the vaccine recently.  
I am hepatitis b positive.  My family HBsab value are son is 2.9 MIU/ML, daughter 9.5 MIU/ML and my wife is 1000 MUI/ML( indian labs) requested to convert the values from MIU?ML into IU/ML ( They all previously hbsag(screening negetive) My child got receivied vaccine after their birth.  But wife got receivied the vaccine recently.   Now what steps should I  take to raise the values of my children.  Can i participate unprotected sex with my wife?  How many doses have to be given to my child as revaccine?
Now what steps should I  take to raise the values of my children.

re-vaccine children, good values of hbsab are 250miu/ml or higher.the unit for antibodies is miu/ml, it is useless to convert to other units

Can i participate unprotected sex with my wife?  
yes

How many doses have to be given to my child as revaccine?

check with local pharmacy or family doctor, products may be different to one another
Dear stef my any chances having infection of child?  hbsag screeing negetive. but my chidlren received vaccination as per the routine schedule provided by the Indian governemnt on free of cost. What is the reaons for not develoved at protective level?  If  give booster dose to my children, will they be got good level of hsab?  Please inform.  

yes they will reach good levels

the low antibodies are due to the bad vaccines used until today, they should have hbsab and hbcab, hopefully these new vaccines will be available soon

booster dose will make antibodies high again
Dear stef
     You have opined that my children should have hbsab and hbcab that means they were infected with hbv? Now their status? if hbsab comes reactive, they are ok or not?  is the hbsab come reactive in respect of my child?
You have opined that my children should have hbsab and hbcab that means they were infected with hbv? Now their status? if hbsab comes reactive, they are ok or not?  is the hbsab come reactive in respect of my child?  ( My daughter -9  in the year 2009 suffered from jaundice and it was cured)  what is the reason of my son his value is very low 2.9 MIU/ML ?  are they infected with hbv?
    You have opined that my children should have hbsab and hbcab that means they were infected with hbv?

no i was talking about vaccines for best immune response vaccines must be loaded with hbcag and hbsag to have an immune response hbcab and hbsab.the vaccine used today is very old and uses only hbsag....today we know that a high hbcab antibody clears hbv in acute infection and make possible to hbsab to appear.
thsi new type of vaccine will solve the issue of vaccine non response, a percentage of about 10% doesnt respond to today's hbv vaccine

they just need another dose of vaccine to have hbsab>10miu/ml, a very good protective range is above 200miu/ml

the reason of low hbsab is these vaccines are bad to make an immune response, you need to recheck hbsab about every 10 years because antibody can even be lost