Hepatitis B Community
please help explain my test results ???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

please help explain my test results ???

hep B s ag   reactive
hep B s ab   non-reactive
hep Be ag    non-reactive
hep Be ab    reactive
hep B core total   reactive
hep B core igm    non-reactive
hep C ag      non-reactive

Thank you very much in advance !
Pls read through healthpage to gain better understanding on Hep B :

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153
hep B s ag   reactive

=You carry HBV.

hep B s ab   non-reactive

=You are not immune.

hep Be ag    non-reactive

=You are not in infectious stage.

hep Be ab    reactive

=Your body is trying to fight off HBV.

hep B core total   reactive

=You have previous or ongoing infection with HBV

hep B core igm    non-reactive

=You do not have acute infection now.

hep C ag      non-reactive

=You do not have hepC.

Hope this helps.
About your correction:

hep B core a b total reactive

=You have previous or ongoing infection with HBV.

hep B core a b igm  non- reactive

=You do not have acute infection now.
Here is the interpretation of your results: In parenthesis is the lab result but I'm writing it in clear english so you can understand.

You have hepatitis B (ag reactive). However, you are not immune (ab non-reactive). Currently, your virus is not at a high level in your body (Be ag non-reactive) because it has been fight off (Be ab reactive). Because you have been infected in the past, your core total will always show reactive. You have been infected in the past but not in the past 6 months (core igm non-reactive). You have no hepatitis C.

Bottomline is that you have Hep B but it is not replicating at a high level right now. The results show that you are a chronic carrier, meaning you had this during childhood. The main thing to look at is that your ab is non-reactive, meaning you are not immune. Most people who have it as adults will be ab reactive, meaning they have fought off the infection and is immune to it for life. Unfortunately, as chronic carriers, we are not so that's why we need to monitor our liver closely and take drugs if need to.
Good interpretations by cajim and confusedguy.

I would like to further comment on these 2 points:

hep Be ag    non-reactive = You are not in infectious stage.
Currently, your virus is not at a high level in your body (Be ag non-reactive)

Usually:

hep Be ag    non-reactive = You are LESS infectious.  This does not guarantee a low viral load in your blood.  You need HBV DNA to check viral load.  

so can still go to work or apply for work all those who are reactive to hepa b surface antigen? if that's possible, what are they going to do to convince the employer?
what kind of work do you do? healthcare? if it involves blood contact with patients, i think you are require to disclose it or they will ask you to do tests for STD? are you in the US?
There are an estimated 400 million peope with chronic HepB around the world and many of them are working.  It really depends on what country you live in and its health laws.  I have HepB and am working.  My boss knows and sometimes we even do lunch together.  So it also depends on not having an ignorant employer.  
Avatar n tn
I would like to thank every person that helped me undersand my test results very much.
can anyone that had experienced finding out that they have hep B and they are a chronic
carrier help guide me where to go from here??
I'm  in the security business , and I live in the U S, but I was born and raised in Egypt, I moved to the U S when I was 15 years old.  
where to go from here?

Have your doctor follow your liver, educate yourself on HBV and its treatment so that you know is best for you.
Try to make sure you have a doctor who is knowledgeable about Hep B and has some experience with it.  This will typically be a gastroenterologist or a hepatologist.  Make sure you do some research and get informed about your condition.  Stay a step ahead of Hep B.
i do understand now. .
My test results for hepatitis all came back negative but it says high levels o hepatitis b core igm antibody are detectable during the acute stage of hepatitis b. this antibody is used to differentiate current from past hbv infection. what does this mean?? Please help
Test name: HBSAG value is positive
Test name:Hepatitis B core IGM value is 0.08 and result is non reactive
Test name Hepatitis B E antigen value is 0.22 and result is non raactive.
Test name: HBV DNA value is 1299.22 IU/ml
Please interpret the above results related to Hepatits B.
Thanks in advance.