please help me!
i had encounter with escort 8 weeks ago (till today it has been 8weeks). i got vaccinated 2 doses at two weeks and 44 days after exposure as per french govt. guidelines. third dose will be 6 months after first dose. if i test after 9 weeks (after exposure), will it show positive hbsag due to recent vaccination at 44 days? when is the ideal time to test? please help me!
The post-vaccination blood test helps to check the body's immune response to the vaccination. This test checks for anti-Hbs antibody level. The hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) test looks for the outer surface of the virus. Testing positive for this antigen indicates an active infection. HBsAg will be detected in an infected person’s blood an average of 4 weeks after exposure to the virus. If the test is negative and you are still doubtful you may repeat the test after 3 months. I will advise you to discuss your concerns with a family physician and take the last dose of the vaccine. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!