Hepatitis B Community
please help me

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

please help me

i had encounter with escort 8 weeks ago (till today it has been 8weeks). i got vaccinated 2 doses at two weeks and 44 days after exposure as per french govt. guidelines. third dose will be 6 months after first dose. if i test after 9 weeks (after exposure), will it show positive hbsag due to recent vaccination at 44 days? when is the ideal time to test? please help me!
I think the odds are on your side:
1 you don't know whether your escort is infected or not
2. Even if your escort was infected, the escort's viral load may be low and therefore not very infectious
3 you have a 95% chance of clearing the infection if you were  infected
4 chronic hbv is very slow moving, by the time you need treatment, there may be a cure already

Finally, you may be run over by a bus to-morrow and never know whether you were infected or not. LOL.
You have asked a very technical question. I read a paper recently that vaccination can cause a false positive for HBsAg within 2 weeks. I can't recall whether it was within 2 weeks of an injection or the complete course. To me, even if you test positive for HBsAg, false or real, you will still need to wait 6 months to see whether you are chronic or acute.
thank you very much! im emotionally broken! stressed! i don't know how im gonna spend 6 months!
I think the odds are on your side:

thanks for motivation! i really appreciate your support. the exposure was protected. but my mind is playing worst role now. sometimes i think after exposure the vaginal fluid on condom touched surrounding skin around scrotum and groin, genital area and the virus could have passed through small cracks there. fear makes me insane sometime. i am really thankful for motivation. i hope for the best! i wish you nice day ahead :)