Hepatitis B Community
please help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

please help

I got another test 2 test,anti hbc igg and sgpt.
My sgpt-126 (normal range 12.00-78.00
      anti hbc igg-0.00 positive

hbsag-410.9 quantitative
       anti hbs-less than 2.00 IU/L quantitative
       hbe ag-768.4
       anti hbe-4.95
please help me to know how worst is this im so worried.this can be cure?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The test results should be correlated with the reference values of the lab. The reference values of each lab varies. A clinical correlation is also important. In those individuals who have positive HbeAg results there are higher rates of viral transmission. The appearance of anti-HBe in serum is called seroconversion and is associated with a lower level of HBV DNA or a low replicating state of the virus. It also indicates clinical improvement and can help predict long-term clearance of the virus. Detection of HBe antibody can also be used to monitor response to treatment and possible remission of the disease. A positive anti-HBs test result indicates that a person has successfully responded to the hepatitis B vaccine or has recovered from an acute hepatitis B infection.  Kindly consult your attending doctor for your normal reference values. I hope it helped.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you for your advise.i actualy had an apointment on my hepatologest yesterday he said i need hbv dna test to see my viral load.unfurtunately the hbv dna test is not available here in our city.and it cost to much.but he said i am i chronic,and active,because my sgpt is not in normal range( sgpt-126 (normal range 12.00-78.00) i tell him that i am an alcohol user..this might the cause of my high sgpt.but to make it sure he will going to observe me.1 month with out alcohol and then i will come back to him with sgpt test again.
...In your own opinion doctor,according to my test result.how bad is my hep b?and this can be cure.?..thank you very much.