Hepatitis B Community
portal vein size in fibrosis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

portal vein size in fibrosis

My utz and ct scan result is mild hepatic steatosis, does it mean that i do not have fibrosis? Portal vein is normal in sizd
Avatar dr f tn
Steatosis means that you have fatty liver in which there are excessive amounts of triglycerides and other fats inside liver cell. It can be a temporary or long-term condition. This can be seen in alcoholism, malnutrition, poisoning, pregnancy etc.Treatment involves treating the cause of known and vitamin and mineral supplements along with nutritional support. It is a reversible condition if identified and treated. Untreated cases can lead to complications. Discuss your test result with your doctor. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!