positive HBsAb and negative HBsAg
hello...
          I m studying abroad, I got myself tested and my results were positive HBsAb and negative HBsAg..... i m scared, is this going to effect my studies? will they ask me to go back home? i ws vaccinated with hepatities when i was 15 to 16 years old....  n now i am 24. is this a risk for my life? please help replying as soon as possible.
If the info you gave above is correct then my friend, you are protected against hep b. What to worry about?
thank You so much.... so now i am free from worrying, right?  but i dont understand why is it that all my friends were tested HBsAb negative and only i was tested positive... will my institute ask me to leave the country?
please reply me
You tested positive for the antibody (HbsAb) because you were vaccinated against hbv and your immune system developed the antibodies to protect you.
Your institute will love you to stay :-)

All your friends test negative to the HbsAb because:
1. they were not vaccinated against hbv and they have never been exposed to the hbv virus; or
2. if they were HbsAg (antigen) positive, they were infected and are now chronic.
thank u so much... now i am happy.. i hav another Question.. If a person is not vaccinated against hepatitis and his or her results  were HBsAb positive than what does it mean? and another doubt i need to clear... are the vaccines same for all the hepatitis?? i mean A,B and C???  If we are once vaccinated with hepatities than we will not suffer these three hepatitis, right?? please reply.... i want to clear all my doubts..... help me
please help
i need help.... an answer to my question
If a person was not vaccinated against hepatitis B and tested positive to the HbsAb. This means the person was infected by Hepatitis B in the past, but has completely recovered from the infection, and has developed protection (the antibodies) against future infection. In this case, the person will also test positive to HbcAB (the core antibody).

The vaccine for Hepatitis A is different to the vaccine for Hepatitis B. There is no vaccine for Hepatitis C. Hepatitis A, B, C are all different diseases caused by different viruses. It just so happens that the diseases all affect the liver and cause inflammation (hence hepatitis - inflammation of the liver).
My HBsAg Quantitative is 20,084 UI/ml and HBV DNA < 6 UI/ml.  How high is this HBsAg? I have been taking tenofovir for two years now. How fast can tenofovir lower HBsAg?

it is very high, are you hbeag positive?if hbeag positive it can be normal to have such high hbsag

tenofovir have almost no effect on hbsag unless hbeag positives, on hbeag pos about 20% respond lowering hbsag

hbsag ranges higher than 10000iu/ml have no response to interferon too, you should wait and see the new drugs like gs9620, myrcludex
I'm HBe positive

in this case  it should get down slowly by time, hbsag ranges till 50.000iu/ml or higher on hbeag pos so your result can be normal
it is very important to have more tests every 6 months to see the pattern of decline